Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Walk behind vacuums

Default Walk behind vacuums

Has anyone had any experience with walk behind vacuums on large paved areas, I have several jobs with several thousand square metres of bitumen and concrete also turfed areas with deciduous trees, oaks and plane mainly. I am hoping that going around and quickly blowing the debris out from under benches in corners etc. and then running the self propelled vac around to pick up the leaves and acorns will save time.

Default Re: Walk behind vacuums

If u can, hire one first.
    I dont think you,ll find them too efficient.
    Just my opinion .
    Cheers Dean.

we tried it and not worth it......use a back pac and blow to a corner then rack up far more effecient..unless you want a ride on vac thingo thats cost an arm an impal nut i would try a back pac

Greame I have a big vac they are good but I don't think it would pick up an acorn they do block up if the going is heavy the backpack blower idea would be much better if there is heaps of leaves. If you are keen on the vac idea billy goat make a really good self propelled one but it's expensive

I used to do Shopping Centres and was considering buying a vacuum for the car park but the job never eventuated. I have seen the Billy Goat Vacs, one model fills the bag from the top and the other fills the bag from the bottom.

I don't have a degree in physics and correct me if I am wrong but the bottom fill vacuum is trying to defy gravity by filling the bag from the bottom. Common sense says to go for the top fill model.