Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Email contacts

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Default Email contacts

I have been using ( I wont mention the company) for one of my main email addresses and now that I"m not using them for my anti -virus I have lost all my email addresses in there. Has any one else had that problem before?

Default Re: Email contacts

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing
    I have been using ( I wont mention the company) for one of my main email addresses and now that I"m not using them for my anti -virus I have lost all my email addresses in there. Has any one else had that problem before?
    Haven't come across it but there must be more to it surely your address book should be there if you can still access the emails???

Without naming the product it is hard to tell
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Was using windows live onecare. Still use windows live but they dont have the same antivirus anymore. I had no sooner uninstalled the programme and all my contacts were gone. Still the same email programme but no contacts

Hi cranbourne yes i also lost all my contacts and my email inbox it was a hotmail account and windows live thousands of people have been effected the same way i opened Gmail account today it looks like it will be good, make sure you change your password on your hotmail account, it attacked alot of hotmail addresses starting with the letter C then D and probably so on

Thats why i don't use any online email clients. They go feet up and so does your email lists.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I use gmail but its run through Thunderbird. Basically, all contacts etc are saved in Thunderbird and gmail is just a means of sending emails. If you wanted to you could probably save contacts in gmail as well as an extra back up. I almost never go into gmail itself unless Im away from my own computer.

Do you have Outlook Express or anything? You may be able to sync gmail and Outlook to do the same. Hell, you may be able to sync Windows live to an email program like Thunderbird.

Look into Thunderbird http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Basically all Im saying is that, IMO, its better to use a stand alone email program on your comp and just use Live or Gmail as the way to send and receive emails. (I dont know how else to say it)

One problem I found was I cant send invoices from MYOB through Thunderbird. I have a Mac so use Apple Mail for that. It keeps everything organised using the 2 programs anyway so it worked out to be a good thing.

The contacts I lost were in my windows hotmail account and my aapt account which goes through windows live. Luckily once I was able to get my aapt mail to work again, ( it wouldn't allow me to receive or send messages) until I put a password in which turned out to be the original one they gave me years ago.
    Just ended up going back through my inbox and saving all the contacts from received mail.
    Took about 5 days to get it all working again. I dont know how many times the computer nearly went out the window

I went to gmail because I was changing providers every once in a while. With a gmail or hotmail your address is the same no matter what your provider is. Great for putting on cards, letter heads, invoices etc.
    I just like gmail better and use it for everything. I have something like 4 or 5 accounts for different things, all ran through Thunderbird.

Hi Guys,

If you register your business name as you domain name you can fix this up. Not expensive, under $30 for 2 years. Jumba is good.

Then you always keep your email address, such as bob@anytownlawnmowing.com.au.

You can change your hosting at anytime, and your general email (such as bigpond). We have all our mail go to our cmmm.com.au addresses, and this is forwarded via Bigpond to outlook.

Sounds complicated but it's simple once you set it up.
    Shannon & Darren- Country Mile Mowing Maintenance- www.cmmm.com.au

HAs anyone had issues with their Yahoo mail acct? im having lots of issues sending invoice emails to clients. Keeps coming back with MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com...
    Ive searched the net and allot of people talking about the email address im sending to doesnt exist, or wrong server port or wrong password etc.... The client hasnt changed their email and everything checked?????
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    HAs anyone had issues with their Yahoo mail acct? im having lots of issues sending invoice emails to clients. Keeps coming back with MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com...
    Ive searched the net and allot of people talking about the email address im sending to doesnt exist, or wrong server port or wrong password etc.... The client hasnt changed their email and everything checked?????
    Mine has been very slow and has some bugs. I don't use it for business though

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Yahoo was hacked recently.
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/