Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New HONDA UMK425 BRUSHCUTTER $470

Default Re: New HONDA UMK425 BRUSHCUTTER $470

I dont use Honda dealers anymore. They are hopeless. Poor customer service and they take ages for any repairs.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Honda dealers have servicing price structures which are totally exclusive and cost prohibitive.I dont support the brand on any level.

See this Dean from Honda???..........looks like you's lost the plot, i've been checking out many things the last 6 weeks, i think Honda just dont cut it anymore, i spoke to a motorbike dealer yesterday who sold honda mowers etc, and just seem to have a take it or leave it attidude.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO View Post
    Honda dealers have servicing price structures which are totally exclusive and cost prohibitive.I dont support the brand on any level.

my 425 has being hanging in the garage unused for about 2 years now, bought it a few years ago, used it for 6 months, but it was under powered, ergonomically useless (seemed to be to short), just not a user friendly whippy, went back to sthil.

Very Helpful Member

the 425 is 50mm shorter than the 435
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I have two 435s and the only problem I have had was stalling because of the lid seals. They are a little on the heavy side but once you are used to them they are great. Very reliable and quite a powerful versatile whipper snipper the 435 is in my opinion (perfect for clean ups). I have used the 425 but it was a little bit to under powered for my liking and felt a lot different to mine but in saying that it is good price for someone who likes them or wants a reliable motor.

Heavy? Come on - even the media girls can swing them around

http://www.turfmate.com.au/article/3...ss-day-wrap-up

Junior Member Honda_Official_PR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    See this Dean from Honda???..........looks like you's lost the plot, i've been checking out many things the last 6 weeks, i think Honda just dont cut it anymore, i spoke to a motorbike dealer yesterday who sold honda mowers etc, and just seem to have a take it or leave it attidude.
    Thanks for pointing this post out BSD (my name's Dylan by the way don't worry I've been called worse!)

I can't say I agree with your statement that Honda has "lost the plot" as you mentioned, as Honda is always looking at ways to develop engineering advancements for our products. I'm sure that you can understand that for any manufacturing company this can take time, and that for Honda being a multinational company, this process can take a while. I understand that for contractors like yourselves, it's impossible for folks to see the amount of R&D goes into each product.

I think it's important to note that the UMK425 - in fact much of our 25cc handheld range - is designed with domestic users in mind, whereas the UMK435 - with the larger, more powerful, 35cc engine on board designed to give some extra grunt for contractors. Have you had the opportunity to try the UMK435? I'd be very interested to hear what your thoughts are of it.

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Honda - The Power of Dreams
    powerequipment.honda.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Official_PR View Post
    Thanks for pointing this post out BSD (my name's Dylan by the way don't worry I've been called worse!)

I can't say I agree with your statement that Honda has "lost the plot"

Cheers,
    Dylan
    I don't think we expected you to

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Official_PR View Post
    I think it's important to note that the UMK425 - in fact much of our 25cc handheld range - is designed with domestic users in mind, whereas the UMK435 - with the larger, more powerful, 35cc engine on board designed to give some extra grunt for contractors. Have you had the opportunity to try the UMK435? I'd be very interested to hear what your thoughts are of it.

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Dylan, I am confused, not by the fact you dont agree with us contractors, but more by your statement above about the UMK425 being for the domestic market. A couple fo points on this.

Your web site (HONDA), list the 425 under the commercial brushcutters, and this same page also has a big speel about honda powering business (hello thats not domestic). Also dont know about other contractors, but the salesman said this was commercial equipment.

Your comment is invited.

Have included the link to your web site in case there is confusion, even the link says commercial

http://powerequipment.honda.com.au/C...utters/UMK425L

I would like to see the new promotional slogan from the marketing dept at honda after a full weeks hedging work with the new versa-tool 35cc with hedger attachment.

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

I would like to see the new promotional slogan from the marketing dept at honda after a full weeks hedging work with the new versa-tool 35cc with hedger attachment.
    Power of dreams.... just not reality

Simmo.
    New website coming soon...

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Very Helpful Member

probably have to wait for a while until they've recovered enough from a weight lifting ordeal like that
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Dylan, I am confused, not by the fact you dont agree with us contractors, but more by your statement above about the UMK425 being for the domestic market. A couple fo points on this.

Your web site (HONDA), list the 425 under the commercial brushcutters, and this same page also has a big speel about honda powering business (hello thats not domestic). Also dont know about other contractors, but the salesman said this was commercial equipment.

Your comment is invited.
    Good question....
    Cert' II & Cert' III Arboriculture
    Carpenter & Property Maintenance
    www.bluewatermaintenance.com.au

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast