Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New HONDA UMK425 BRUSHCUTTER $470

Default Re: New HONDA UMK425 BRUSHCUTTER $470

Quote Originally Posted by Woodchip View Post
    Good question....
    I thought it was but I have raised other questions with Dylan as well, but he doesnt doesnt appear to want to answer them either. I nominate him as best PR marketing rep of the year. Takes the easy questions which result in a sale of product, but ignores the hard questions.

yah, but you gotta understand it from his point of view,

i bet he hasnt got anything he CAN say about a lot of stuff except to give you "the company line"

no doubt hondas seen a vast decrease in sales over the years, and dylans the poor whipping boy whos been told get over there to that mowing forum and smooth the waters a bit, tell them we love them and get us some market share back.

im gona start a thread (like a poll - can we do polls?) to ask "what brand mower are YOU using now" - i bet even 10 yrs ago most guys would a answered "honda" - but these days i reckon theyre in the minority.

so i reckon take it easy on poor dylan, he's stuck with a hard job and no doubt he's doing WHAT HE CAN to help us, but its not gonna be instant, and its ot gonna satisfy everyone. but at least honda is INTERESTED now in what we contractors think.

cheers

Sorry happy have to disagree, when Honda start telling us Porkies, they are not interested, they have lost the plot. Dylan can run the party line, but he can at least give the facts, either he doesnt know his product or he is just hoping that we cant read. Why try to hide the fact that the 425 is sold as commercial, when his own web site spells it out.

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    yah, but you gotta understand it from his point of view,

i bet he hasnt got anything he CAN say about a lot of stuff except to give you "the company line"

no doubt hondas seen a vast decrease in sales over the years, and dylans the poor whipping boy whos been told get over there to that mowing forum and smooth the waters a bit, tell them we love them and get us some market share back.

im gona start a thread (like a poll - can we do polls?) to ask "what brand mower are YOU using now" - i bet even 10 yrs ago most guys would a answered "honda" - but these days i reckon theyre in the minority.

so i reckon take it easy on poor dylan, he's stuck with a hard job and no doubt he's doing WHAT HE CAN to help us, but its not gonna be instant, and its ot gonna satisfy everyone. but at least honda is INTERESTED now in what we contractors think.

cheers
    yeah but I'm using Hondas made 10 years ago195's and 215's.
    I should add - they are nice and light, don't fall apart or wear away like the newer ones, gear boxes actually last 10 yrs and can be rebuilt and still probably be better than the newer ones, lack a few horses but I have that covered, easy to work on, take a beating and start without any real problems. Now if Honda wants to get back in the real game they should probably look at this!

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    yeah but I'm using Hondas made 10 years ago195's and 215's.
    I should add - they are nice and light, don't fall apart or wear away like the newer ones, gear boxes actually last 10 yrs and can be rebuilt and still probably be better than the newer ones, lack a few horses but I have that covered, easy to work on, take a beating and start without any real problems. Now if Honda wants to get back in the real game they should probably look at this!
    lol, right there i see why they dont make them like that anymore - no ongoing sales of major parts, no turnover in new machines - whats the good of selling a contractor a bulletproof machine that lasts 10 years? geez, if they could only sell you blades (and a lot of guys buy non genuine blades now) theyd go out of business for sure, lol

Honda only want to sell us what the Americans won't buy now.

Junior Member Honda_Official_PR's Avatar

Hi bb1 and woodchip,

Sorry for the delay in my response, for some reason I hadn't received any notification of new posts on this thread. It seems I'd gotten confused re the UMK425; You are indeed correct in pointing out that the UMK425 is designed for both commercial and domestic usage, and it was the UMS425 that I had mistakenly referred to in saying that it's geared more towards a domestic market. While even the UMS425 incorporates many of the features of the UMK425, Honda does tend to market this model toward domestic users due to its light weight, ergonomic design and price point. I hope this confusion hasn't cause any issues for you.

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Honda - The Power of Dreams
    powerequipment.honda.com.au

Dylan, No confusion on my part, I totally understood that commercial is commercial, and that this thread related to the UMK425 which is commercial.

The confusion appears to be with Honda,

PS. There are still a heap of unanswered questions in the Honda thread, maybe an oportunity for more confusion

The newer Honda's UMK's seem to be no were as powerful as the UMK425.(Jap made)
    Ive got both UMK425 and the 325 (Tiwain made) which doesnt have the same power.
    Has Honda started to go backwards ?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

think you'll find both engines have been chinese made for 10 years or so

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

WOw. didnt know that. I cant understand why the newer version is not as powerful tho
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    WOw. didnt know that. I cant understand why the newer version is not as powerful tho
    Operator error. Use that Tanka.

Does anyone know what the umk425 internal shafts teeth are like?
    9 teeth spline or what?

I bought this today and it's been installed onto the UNK425.
    Damn it's good

I meant the UMK425.
    honda_hedge_attach.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    I bought this today and it's been installed onto the UNK425.
    Damn it's good

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast