Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Too many adds and issues with spam...
    Blogspot is direct from Google maps...
    All for free.
    Thanks Mat I will let him know
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Default Re: Websites

No probs Dean. When we catching up for a drink?
    Greenie is really hangging
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Too many adds and issues with spam...
    Blogspot is direct from Google maps...
    All for free.

Remember nothing is really free
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

No probs Dean. When we catching up for a drink?
    Greenie is really hangging
    That would be good Mat. Saturday nights or Sunday arvos are the only time I have at the moment, Our other business is taking all my time at the moment.
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

I use freesites.com.au
    Just did a big update of my website at www.colorscapegardening.com.au

Any ideas why my stupid computer wont let me look at anyones instagrams. I can still look at websites but for some reason it just wont let me look at instagram

when I do a search on my local area for gardening or mowing and then the suburb how do i get my site to come up in the search results? Is this a matter of putting my suburb name in the content somewhere (does it have to be the homepage or can it be anywhere) which it hasn't been in the past. I know there is more to it than that but would that help. Is there any other tricks that can help.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    when I do a search on my local area for gardening or mowing and then the suburb how do i get my site to come up in the search results? Is this a matter of putting my suburb name in the content somewhere (does it have to be the homepage or can it be anywhere) which it hasn't been in the past. I know there is more to it than that but would that help. Is there any other tricks that can help.
    If we all knew that we would be millionaires and that's what costs you the bucks for SEO. And those who know how to do it reasonably well wont tell you for nothing because it is extremely valuable info that keeps their pages presenting above others. On top of that no one can actually guarantee you they can do it for you as Googles algorithm is a closely guarded secret that keeps changing. Best advice is that content is king. Write you content for the person searching and make it valid to the subject they are searching for. Theres lots of fraudsters out there with Indian accents who will promise you the world and deliver nothing.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I can understand there is a lot of competition when it comes to the more global products e.g. target v Kmart v bunnings that are typed in by millions but when it comes to gardening you are pretty much targeting a very narrow group because it is only local people you are after. So when someone in woopwoop googles woopwoop gardener and there is only one gardener in woopwoop with a website will that website appear in the search results and if not why not given it is the most relevant keyword match. Surely the odds are higher given the target audience is lower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    I can understand there is a lot of competition when it comes to the more global products e.g. target v Kmart v bunnings that are typed in by millions but when it comes to gardening you are pretty much targeting a very narrow group because it is only local people you are after. So when someone in woopwoop googles woopwoop gardener and there is only one gardener in woopwoop with a website will that website appear in the search results and if not why not given it is the most relevant keyword match. Surely the odds are higher given the target audience is lower.
    In theory yes. Thats how it should work. But what if there are 6 or 10 websites vying for position. How does Google work out who is best. It uses its algorithm and if your website doesnt fit the bill it wont show even if your the only one in the town. It will pulls someone else from the next town that does or a mowing supply business
    Cheers

Bluey

It seems I seem to piggy back from the Gumtree adverts, wtf

Ended up getting my web page to the top of the google search engines.I now get anywhere 1-4 calls a week asking for the service.Gave me the chance to drop 8 unwanted customers this year i didn't want anymore.
    So i understand why no one wants to give away how it's done otherwise everyone is going to do it and the advantage is lost.

By the way there's another form of advertising just about to start and it's very cheeky,but i see it working and about to try it out to see what it brings in.It's so simple i just don't know why it wasn't done before

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Remember nothing is really free
    Bit the bullet and gone with a pro to do SEO as our ranking was going down with the last mob. They were cheap but you get what you pay for. New guy is $660 a month but money well spent. Should have done it ages ago.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213