Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Websites

Default Re: Websites

Quote Originally Posted by Bgs
    I am currently no 1 for lawn mowing Brisbane, If I could work out how I did it and how to stay there I too would charge for the knowledge
    haha. I had similar happening with mine, but now it has slipped down a fair way. I have no idea how to keep it ranked high. I can't remember what I did to get it ranked highly in the first place.

Hey Bluey, What sort of money are we looking at for a site built by you? Nothing over the top just a few pages of relevant info that ranks well and can be user updated without being a computer geek?

Thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCoast Walker View Post
    Hey Bluey, What sort of money are we looking at for a site built by you? Nothing over the top just a few pages of relevant info that ranks well and can be user updated without being a computer geek?

Thanks John.
    I sent him a private message asking that very question.

I got no answer so maybe his not interested ?

Or maybe he just hates Victorians .

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    I sent him a private message asking that very question.

I got no answer so maybe his not interested ?

Or maybe he just hates Victorians .
    Don't feel left out Scooby,took Bluey 4 weeks to answer my same question,I though it was just the time difference between here and SA

Just pokin fun Bluey,alls good
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Don't feel left out Scooby,took Bluey 4 weeks to answer my same question,I though it was just the time difference between here and SA

Just pokin fun Bluey,alls good
    Good one that gave me a chuckle .

Dont get him angry he might add another zero to the quote .

Like the quote on fishing too. Do you get to do much up there or you too busy working?

Two other things that can affect your page ranking are:

1. The age of the site.

Sites that have been up & running for several years will rank higher that a site that's only been up for 6 months. The older the site the more credibility it has with the search engines.

2. You need to keep your content fresh.

By adding fresh content on a regular basis (text, pictures, anything really) the search engines see the site is updated regularly and will keep coming back to index your site.

In their eyes, if you don't make regular changes, your site goes stale & visits by the google & co. will decrease significantly as they may no longer consider your site to be relevant.
    Stanhope Gardens And Lawns

Gardening & landscaping, lawn mowing, strata cleaning & maintenance, high pressure cleaning

Residential | Real estate | Strata | Industrial & commercial

https://stratamaintenance.net
    https://stanhopegardensandlawns.com.au

Sorry guys. Been busy. If you want to talk about websites PM..sometimes the box gets full so maybe just email me at info@ahgs.com.au That gets checked all the time.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Thumbs up Re: Websites

Quote Originally Posted by NWGL View Post
    Two other things that can affect your page ranking are:

1. The age of the site.

Sites that have been up & running for several years will rank higher that a site that's only been up for 6 months. The older the site the more credibility it has with the search engines.

2. You need to keep your content fresh.

By adding fresh content on a regular basis (text, pictures, anything really) the search engines see the site is updated regularly and will keep coming back to index your site.

In their eyes, if you don't make regular changes, your site goes stale & visits by the google & co. will decrease significantly as they may no longer consider your site to be relevant.
    awesome Thanks for the tip

I've also made a few websites for members on here.

Normally have them up & running in 2-3 days.

PM me if interested.
    Stanhope Gardens And Lawns

Gardening & landscaping, lawn mowing, strata cleaning & maintenance, high pressure cleaning

Residential | Real estate | Strata | Industrial & commercial

https://stratamaintenance.net
    https://stanhopegardensandlawns.com.au

Fellas Fellas Fellas how in the world are we to keep this forum going if everybody advertisers their business on here become a sponser and pay your way like the other sponsers if you going to do it for free thats a different matter.

Forum Rules

If you would like to advertise or sell any product or service on this forum you must pay to do so and it will be up to the General Manager of indy mowing on who and what will be approved 1800501662 This will take effect as from 31/07/08

Advertising, spamming is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, , picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

I have been doing the reach on www stuff as well.
    My 19yr old daughter goes out with a IT skilled chap who been telling me the do and don'ts. (then I say can you tell me all that again)

For our little world it can be very cost effective.

Many domain/hosting sites trick you into thinking that your dealing with an au site and your most likely not!!!
    Many IT geeks/nerds, hum!! not talking about my daughters boyfriend here, hang out in the Whirlpool Domain forums and pump out some interesting free unfiltered info.

That forum put me on to a well recommended very cost effective domain/hosting site based in Sydney Parramatta.
    I'm no brain on this stuff, and we all have opinions and I've seen some brilliant sites here that I can admire and hope for one day.

But google. "web hosting parramatta" and you might just find the site I have started to use.
    Yep www.riversidemowing.com.au is now registered

Garry
    Last edited by RSM-Gazza; 12-06-2010 at 01:34 AM. Reason: forgot my signature name

Smile Re: Websites

Help needed please.
    Can you guys in Melbourne do a search on lawn mowing melbourne, & lawnmowing melbourne on google/yahoo/bing and let me know where my listing comes up. Just melbourne, not south east or wheelers hill. It seems to be all over the place but being new probably expected.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    Help needed please.
    Can you guys in Melbourne do a search on lawn mowing melbourne, & lawnmowing melbourne on google/yahoo/bing and let me know where my listing comes up. Just melbourne, not south east or wheelers hill. It seems to be all over the place but being new probably expected.
    Thanks
    Lawn mowing Melbourne 4th on Yahoo not on the front page for google or bing

lawnmowing melbourne 9th on Yahoo not on the front page for google or bing

I noticed in your keywords on your site there in no phrase Lawn mowing Melbourne, try adding that as well as mowing melbourne, melbourne lawn mowing , lawnmowing melbourne might help.

Here's t he results I got, but my wife tells me that if I was using a different computer it may give different results apparently because it changes depending on previous searches etc. Might pay to go to a local internet cafe and do the searches totally random as if you were a customer.

http://www.google.com.au/search?sour...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

http://www.google.com.au/search?sour...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your help bgs and Andy!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast