Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lawn Fertilisers

Default Re: Lawn Fertilisers

Whats the best fertiliser for a 1 acre lawn?
    Scotts is too expensive...
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

mate, it doesn't matter what brand it is, as long as the N-P-K ratio is suitable for turf, just go with the cheapest

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Junior Member total turf management's Avatar

do not use weed and feed.the manufactures should be in jail for selling it.as far as i was taught at tech fertiliser needs to be watered in herbicide needs to be left on the plant leaf.i have just looked at a lawn that the customer sprayed with weed and feed and the lawn is 95% dead .you can even see where he sprayed.

Junior Member total turf management's Avatar

a cheap fertiliser for large areas would be Pasture Booster it is an agriculture fertilser but good quick results but must water in .available at co ops otherwise use a good slow release fertiliser ie links high N polycoated bit dearer but 3-4 mths results

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by total turf management View Post
    do not use weed and feed.the manufactures should be in jail for selling it.as far as i was taught at tech fertiliser needs to be watered in herbicide needs to be left on the plant leaf.i have just looked at a lawn that the customer sprayed with weed and feed and the lawn is 95% dead .you can even see where he sprayed.
    Sounds to me more like a case of a home owner not reading the instructions and using a spray that's inappropriate for the type of grass which i believe is a common problem
    most herbicides are mixed with water to make a spray for application and most of the liquid fertilisers i have seen don't say to water in with clean water after applying
    also by applying a fertiliser at the time of applying a herbicide can in some circumstances increase the uptake rate of the herbicide
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I personally love Scotts lawn builder. You get what you pay for with fertilisers. I normally like to do both organic and mineral fertilising. I have actually found that scotts last longer then other cheaper brands that need more frequent fertilising. I still use other brands too. Im not a scotts ambassador or anything.

Yep... Sounds like it s back to the Scotts lawn builder then. Recently, ive been getting excellent results within a week.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Hey Davids... did you get a pic of the fertilised area at your place yet? Id like to see how the super grass went?

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Yep... Sounds like it s back to the Scotts lawn builder then. Recently, ive been getting excellent results within a week.
    I've been getting excellent results within a week also I'm using that growth miracle called spring
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I've been getting excellent results within a week also I'm using that growth miracle called spring
    Hmm that's interesting, spring has turned all my lawns brown

The only lawns that are getting any growth are the ones where Ive used the hose and soaked the lawn... Then asked the client to do the same the day after..... We are in some kind of drought at the moment

El Nino is back until a possible late Summer return of La Nina.

Immow,

My lawn has greened up a bit but not as much as I would expect. There is rain predicted for tomorrow so we will see what it is like after some rain on it. It has not burnt the lawn tho which is good.

Thanks for telling me that Davids.
    Looking forward to seeing the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    Immow,

My lawn has greened up a bit but not as much as I would expect. There is rain predicted for tomorrow so we will see what it is like after some rain on it. It has not burnt the lawn tho which is good.

This spring i have changed my lawn fertiliser to a Barmac product called 2 spec accelerate 34 1 6. Brilliant, it's poly coated so it won't burn and doesn't need watering in. Of course it needs water to work though.
    Put it down at one client's property last week and there are surprisingly great results already.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast