Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lawn Fertilisers

Default Re: Lawn Fertilisers

Immow, picture is coming tonight, I took pic this morning but the boss then took camera so she could take pics of Grandchildren, will have back this evening. Lawn has had 4mm of rain on it and has thickend up and turned really green.

Matt you will be mowing every week with Nitrogen at 34

Can't add pics as my "FRED" will not play the game. I have loaded them on to IMLOCA web site but cant drag to post so I think I will use putta for target practise.

So where do ya get the 2 spec accelerate? And how much is it? Good for buffalo?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Yes it should work well with nitrogen at 34. I applied some of it today to a few lawns while it sprinkled. I took some before shots and in a few weeks i'll take some after shots and post them up.

Yep the fertiliser is good for buffalo, all lawn types actually. One bag is 20kg and covers 1,000 sqm. Costs around $60 a bag, i get it for $48. I get it from my local supplier at Castle Hill, Hills Lawn and Garden Equipment. You should be able to get it from your local produce store, otherwise from Globe or Elders.

Backyard before fertilising.jpgBackyard after 3 weeks of fertiliser with 4mm of rain on 2nd Saturday.jpgOk, Bloody putta, finally got these pics up. I scalped the lawn and added the fertliser dry, 2 weeks later we had 4mm of rain, I took the after photo a week after the rain

Wow... WHat a difference.
    Thats one great selling point for the supergrass fert Davids...
    Thanks for going through all the hassle of putting the pics up...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    Backyard before fertilising.jpgBackyard after 3 weeks of fertiliser with 4mm of rain on 2nd Saturday.jpgOk, Bloody putta, finally got these pics up. I scalped the lawn and added the fertliser dry, 2 weeks later we had 4mm of rain, I took the after photo a week after the rain
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

I turned up to one of my new customers house last week for the second time and instantly noticed 2 things. 1 The lawn was bright green not brown and dry like the first visit. 2 All the weeds were gone.. I asked the lady what she had done and she said she had started using Hydrogreen http://www.coochie.com.au/index.php They also get rid of insects and because it is liquid can be done when its hot and dry. I am going to see if I can strike a deal with the local operator to use him instead of going out in the rain fertilizing. His results were way better than what I have ever achieved and just after 1 visit. Quite impresive..
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Hey AJD. Let me know how ya go with the Hrydrogreen stuff.
    Sounds impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    I turned up to one of my new customers house last week for the second time and instantly noticed 2 things. 1 The lawn was bright green not brown and dry like the first visit. 2 All the weeds were gone.. I asked the lady what she had done and she said she had started using Hydrogreen http://www.coochie.com.au/index.php They also get rid of insects and because it is liquid can be done when its hot and dry. I am going to see if I can strike a deal with the local operator to use him instead of going out in the rain fertilizing. His results were way better than what I have ever achieved and just after 1 visit. Quite impresive..

Mate. Just reminded me. One of my clients has the same treatment once a month. The company is called emerald or something like that.
    These companies are starting to pop up allot lately too.
    Id love to know what their formular is in the spray...

Its got weed killer and fertiliser in it. (God knows how tho)

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post

I've recently enquired with Coochie about a franchise. Will let members know how I go in the private forum or probably via PM if anyone's interested.

Im not sure what this is, but 2 weeks ago, i fertilised this whole area with Scotts lawn builder.It worked well.
    But this dead area has got me puzzled. Anyone got any ideas?

Sirwalterproblem.jpg

I have one lawn like that. Most likely there's a tank under that inspection cover and there'll only be a few inches of soil under the turf. When there's plenty of rain - no problem, but when the weather gets dry that's what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    I have one lawn like that. Most likely there's a tank under that inspection cover and there'll only be a few inches of soil under the turf. When there's plenty of rain - no problem, but when the weather gets dry that's what will happen.
    Thanks mate.
    The tank is stormwater. The turf was layed in a bodgy way.
    Allot of uneven areas & hard soil.
    Not much soil there.
    Ill have to dress it with topsoil & more fertiliser....

Very Helpful Member

don't worry about more fertilizer try using a soil wetting agent as if the soil isn't deep it may have dried out and become hydrophobic in that area also top dressing to increase the soil depth
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast