Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lawn Fertilisers

Default Re: Lawn Fertilisers

Double post....

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Has anyone used Sir Walter Fertiliser?
    Nigel reckons it's the best thing for Sir Walter....
    do you mean Nigel Ruck the face of Sir Walter if so i suppose he knows what he's talking about and it's not like he gets paid to promote their products

Quote Originally Posted by Back to Basics View Post
    Is it wise to do a fert now before winter cracks on in force? I was thinking giving the grass some food now before it's sleep then when it wakes boom! A slow release Scott's product maybe? Ideas?
    why do you want it to grow faster in spring than it already will if you don't fertilize ?
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Yes you can fertilse now but use a fertiliser that has a very low Nitrogen number, higher K factor and has Iron, this will help strengthen roots and stems and will also help greenup the turf. If you have had a heap of Frosts then I would just use some Iron Sulphate to green up lawns.

Blood and bone. Improves the soil and stimulates beneficial microbial activity in the soil beneath the roots.

ive always just scott based products

but saying that i keep in regular contact with a landscaper who has always sworn by banana special... has any 1 tried it ??

also the best fert/ thing for the lawn is to mulch it each time. i mulch around 50% of my clients.
    bns lawn & garden care

i am big on bannana special, although it is becoming harder to find

Do you get good results from it Dave?

I have only know of 1 place in sydney that sells it. The place that sells it reckons it makes the grass grow like crazy and gives it a nice colour...

would be interested to know your views on it Dave ?
    bns lawn & garden care

It shouldn't make the leaf growth go too crazy as the Nitrogen ratio is fairly low due to it actually being a Vegie/Shrub/Fruit Tree fertiliser.

I like the fact that it has the organic (chook poo) element for the soil and longer term nitrogen release (nitrogen cycle) and the chemical component for the quick and balanced hit.
    seems good to me

I might get a bag in a few months and give it a try on my own place

One of my clients has sir walter buffalo. Its a little off at the moment.
    Does anyone know what would be best to fertilise it?
    I was thinking seasol or scotts lawn builder
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

you are not going to get much if any growth at the present, why is it off. drainage,weeds nutrient disease or bugs.
    It is hard to say, maybe an organic fert would improve the soil for next spring

Thanks Dave. The lawn had been laid around 8 months ago. Its a new client of mine. He doesnt know if it has been fertilised yet.
    Its growing, but over the last few weeks, it's becoming dormant. I know Sir Walter goes off in the winter months i.e. brownish colour.
    No bugs, the base seams to have great soil and is still growing quiet well.
    An organic fert would be good, but which one? Not all fertilisers work on Sir walter.....
    Just to add. My farter's lawn is Sir walter and is still dark green and rich .... Bloody thing gets me every time..... He reckons he puts Sealsol on it monthly... All year round.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Thanks Dave. The lawn had been laid around 8 months ago. Its a new client of mine. He doesnt know if it has been fertilised yet.
    Its growing, but over the last few weeks, it's becoming dormant. I know Sir Walter goes off in the winter months i.e. brownish colour.
    No bugs, the base seams to have great soil and is still growing quiet well.
    An organic fert would be good, but which one? Not all fertilisers work on Sir walter.....
    Just to add. My farter's lawn is Sir walter and is still dark green and rich .... Bloody thing gets me every time..... He reckons he puts Sealsol on it monthly... All year round.
    imoww
    It can all depend on location,aspect to the sun etc. I have a couple of Buffalo lawns that are still going strong and others that are already dormant
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast