Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community Assist Lawn Mowing

Default Community Assist Lawn Mowing

Hi all
    Just wanting to know if any of you have worked or work for Community Assist Lawn Mowing in the Sydney Area ( Hornsby-
    Ku-ring-gai). I have a couple of clients that can use this service
    but would rather use me and I am just looking into it.
    They subsidise the lawn mowing but are wanting a fixed price
    for every lawn as I understand. Just interested in what others if any that work for CALM charge as I have a starting price and prices acording to size. Dont want to over price and lose out on what might be more regular work.
    Thanks for the help

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Community Assist Lawn Mowing

i should think that they would want a fixed price for each lawn not a fixed price for all lawns regardless of size i don't work for this group but do work for other i think similar organisations and i quote for each job
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wattoo View Post
    Hi all
    Just wanting to know if any of you have worked or work for Community Assist Lawn Mowing in the Sydney Area ( Hornsby-
    Ku-ring-gai). I have a couple of clients that can use this service
    but would rather use me and I am just looking into it.
    They subsidise the lawn mowing but are wanting a fixed price
    for every lawn as I understand. Just interested in what others if any that work for CALM charge as I have a starting price and prices acording to size. Dont want to over price and lose out on what might be more regular work.
    Thanks for the help
    They do it in townsville there thing used to be a mow every 5 weeks it was rediculouse so now they have changed it to a voucher system they get $20 vouchers. Im not sure how many. When the vouchers run out they usally ring me but there a 4 contractors they can choose from and what people have told me they do **** jobs and charge like a wounding bull so i get them when the vouchers run out. The council wont allow me to except the vouchers ive tried.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

20 dolla

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    20 dolla
    yes 20 dollars so they can either hand over three ($60) which is what these guys are asking or pay the difference in cash. these same yards i do for 45 which if i could except them would mean 2 plus a five dollar note would make them last a bit longer but you cant talk sense to a governing body.

Heres a couple of ideas for governing bodys
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Lawn Mowing Service

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30-4:30pm

Thursday only 8:30-4:30pm

Parramatta City Council’s Lawn Mowing Service provides low cost mowing services for people who:

Are residents of the Parramatta Local Government area and,
    Are physically unable to maintain their Lawns and,
    Have limited finances to pay the full cost prices to maintain their lawns and,
    Don’t have access to family or other services to assist in maintaining their lawn.
    This essential community service is provided to people who are older and frail, people with disabilities and their carers, who are unable to maintain their own lawns and have limited family assistance and finances. The aim is to assist people to remain living in their own home. Services are provided at a reduced price structure for affordability. (page 27)
    Community Assist Lawn Mowing (CALM)
    Parramatta City Council is piloting a new lawn mowing service which is called Community Assist Lawn Mowing (CALM)

This new service utilises local companies to do the lawn mowing for people that are eligible to receive this subsidised lawn mowing service.

To be eligible a person needs to:

Be a frail older person
    Have a disability
    Be an unpaid carer for either of the above
    Have no other support to assist
    Are financially disadvantaged
    The subsidy provided by Parramatta City Council is $20.00 paid to the contractor toward the total cost for the lawn to be mowed, the customer is responsible for the remainder of the payment to the contractor.

Each customer is entitled to 9 subsidies per year.

If you would like further information on this service or to make an application please call 02 9806 5148 or 02 9806 5121

Customer saw these posts didnt know she could get assistance and said thankyou

I heard on the grape vine that the Lawn mowing contractor is tied into a contract with the council.
    The customer pays the council
    and the coucil pays the contractor an agreed amount per month.
    So as the lawn mowing contractor, you dont get paid the low rate $20 per lawn.
    Im checking this out too.

Not sure if this helps at all,

l have a few elderly customers that l charge accordling but they ask for recipts and they usualy recoup half the total cost from the council .

Just been approved by the Yass Valley Council, after insurance checks and police checks, don't know how it works yet but will be meeting with then shortly. They told me also that the customer pays a proportion of the cost and council picks up the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Just been approved by the Yass Valley Council, after insurance checks and police checks, don't know how it works yet but will be meeting with then shortly. They told me also that the customer pays a proportion of the cost and council picks up the balance.
    I do this a bit over here. The way it works here is they have you on thier books for this type of work. They will recommend you to the client along with others.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Does any 1 have any more info in these community assist programs ? i know of a mowing business here in south west sydney that is picking up on average 10 new clients a week thru the community assist mowing... when i asked him for more information about it he just says its magic
    bns lawn & garden care

I'm doing it aswell and have picked up 40 clients in 3 months.there are 13 other mowers doing it in my area.its good but it's about 10 to 15 dollars less per customer and you get taxed On the vouchers they give you so it's not great money but it's work.

ive found it not really good unless as george said, you need to make money badly, in which case any work is good work
    \
    but the problems associated with it mean to me, these customers will be the first to be gotten rid of when summer comes. better customers come along, so you get rid of the worst ones. unfortunately home assist customers arent the BEST ones./

for the $10 voucher you have to come home and do up a special invoice for home assist, which takes say 5 minutes per invoice (copy voucher, make out invoice, print 2 copies of it, mail invoice to h/a)

so if you got plenty of work on the overheads eat into the money real quick.

then if youre too busy to send em in and forget come june, you lose the $10 vouchers.

the customers are usually "battlers" who dont or cant pay for premium service.

but if youre deperate for work give it a go.

"its a wonderful idea"

i wouldnt mind giving it a try, but how do i get my foot in the door ???
    bns lawn & garden care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast