Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the ideal number of regular customers?

Default Re: What is the ideal number of regular customers?

Thats right i have seen domestic rounds with 90 customers grossing more than 130.

I think around 90 quality customers would be a good mark (domestic),tho some folks like a good mix of commercial,,so its hard to put a number on it,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    I've got over sixty and that is still not enough to be flat out 6 days a week. If I get rid of 1 bad customer I could fit 2 good customers in the same time frame, that's how I see it so I'm hoping to eventually get to 120 good customers without having to have an offsider year round
    I hate to be trying to get a 120 lawns and gardens done in the week leading up to christmas day

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bgs View Post
    I hate to be trying to get a 120 lawns and gardens done in the week leading up to christmas day
    I know someone that had a 180 regs. Where there is a will there is a way. I'm just glad I've got some time to work it out.

The most regular customers I had at one time was about 90. About 70% of those were resedential and the rest were strata units and factory complexes. In the summer I would have an offsider maybe 2 to 3 days a week and I also had a walker which made life a lot easier.

This amount of customers could be handled easy on my own in the winter, but if you get a busy summer it would be really hard one out.

i just counted up my regular customer job cards i got 105 regulars 95% mowing some gardening some 2 weekly in summer some 6 weekly year round also 15 of those are through one real estate proberly 45 al up are strata/ real estate jobs and a few clean up one off jobs here and there (did 2 today was suposed to be running flyers trying to com[pact my customer base but nooo) . It all depends on what you do for the custmer, value of the customer, how much you want to work and how smart you work. I work by myself by the way been in buisness for one year and 4 months

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12