Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819

Thread: pope blower special

Default Re: pope blower special

have been running the same sthil for 7 years and it still goes strong, yesrterday i cleaned a tennis court for 5 tanks of gas straight, i thought that would kill it for sure. Nope Still going.
    cheapies are ok but false economy for my way of thinking,for long term give me quality.

theres no doubt that the pope is a great blower for the money...
    but money aside even if the stihl is only 5% better I would prefer that as its something that I use every single day

And I too particularly like the anti vibe system... its just much more pleasant to use and no tingly numb hands etc... when i first started out i was really worried about how i would survive with the vibrations all the time but my hands did get used to it and then once using the stihl, was all gone

regarding longevity of the stihl (ive got the bg86c) i was thinking about selling my tools every year or 2 and replacing with new ones but 2.5 years of thrashing and it honestly runs EXACTLY as new, ive only replaced 1 spark plug, 1 starter rope, and 1 starter damper spring.

I have nothing against the pope though! i actually recommend them to all my customers and friends that ask!

I totally agree with you Fred.
    The one i put the pics up is over 2 years old with no maintenance ever.. (hence the crap all over it) Just thrown in the back of the ute and used and abused for years.
    Definitely worth its weight in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    No!
    They r close to the price of one stihl which will not oulast them on a value for money basis.
    Wont even come close!
    Have had all the name brand blowers including stihl over the years (& some very good ones at that) but the popes have delivered in my opinion.
    We givem heaps & not much maintenance, Ive also thrown out alot of brand name products over the years, so dont let that hard rubbish pic put u off.
    They have probs like ALL other machines but I think u'll find there r enough ppl on here that would atest to their value.
    Im not saying buy cheap because its cheap, u dont come across many products that represent this value.
    I think these blowers 4 what they're worth r the real deal.
    Has anyone on here bought one & regretted it?
    Cheers Fred.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

I'm on my 3rd pope blower, it's nickname is stinky cause it's a back up blower and still has that new smell after each use. No I don't name all my tools like Ford Fairlane.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819