Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: pope blower special

Default Re: pope blower special

Impala is right I like your style man. You want people to think you are a proffesional so use the best gear I see lawn guys turn up to jobs and their whole rig is just rubbish from their gear to their ute the way their dressed it just sends the wrong message. I often think if that guy turned up to give me a quote I would not hire him because of his apperance and crap gear. If I get any work done at my house by a plumber or electrician I always check out what sort of gear they are using . And I actually buy tools on these observations If these guys are using them day in day out they must be ok. I am not bagging the pope blower and yes it is cheap but if it stuffs up and you take it to your mower dealer to get fixed will he fix it ? I wouldn't want to help someone out repairing there junk gear if they were not going to support my business. Just something to think about

I will play devils advocate here. So owning the very best gear automatically makes you the best. Is that the way it goes. I think not. If your looking for a back up blower that wont get much use why pay big bickies for it. It is one thing to buy quality tools and I support that notion for your main line stuff but I am not beyond having some not so top shelf gear either. As for knocking the guy without all the top shelf gear have you considered maybe he is just starting out and building up his gear. Not everyone comes into this game with $40 K to splash about. Have look at Jim P. he started with a busted arse mower and $250 in his pocket
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Impala what a load of bull****...
    it's only a blower gee whiz as long you you do a neat job people are usually happy, who cares what kind of gear people have of course it looks good to have the proper gear but sometimes people don't have the Johnny Cash when they first start out.. i have some great gear i also have a pope hedge trimmer which has been great...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I will play devils advocate here. So owning the very best gear automatically makes you the best. Is that the way it goes. I think not. If your looking for a back up blower that wont get much use why pay big bickies for it. It is one thing to buy quality tools and I support that notion for your main line stuff but I am not beyond having some not so top shelf gear either. As for knocking the guy without all the top shelf gear have you considered maybe he is just starting out and building up his gear. Not everyone comes into this game with $40 K to splash about. Have look at Jim P. he started with a busted arse mower and $250 in his pocket
    i'm sure it was a pope mower too.(i've read his book ...lol) mowerob may know for sure.

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Paisley View Post
    I am not bagging the pope blower and yes it is cheap but if it stuffs up and you take it to your mower dealer to get fixed will he fix it ?
    no way depending on how long it had lasted you would probably just go and buy another one cheaper than trying to get it repaired
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Yeah i agree with Ian i think Mark it would be easier buying a new one and keeping the bung one for parts

I not dissing the new guys...But if you have been in the game for 3 years and still byeing crap says alote dosent it..This is how I have back up equipment My stihl blower aint looking to good so I put that as my back up and bye a new one.. Hey presto I have a quality back up.....Hey Iam down with the POPE but not his equipment....

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Impala what a load of bull****...
    it's only a blower gee whiz as long you you do a neat job people are usually happy, who cares what kind of gear people have of course it looks good to have the proper gear but sometimes people don't have the Johnny Cash when they first start out.. i have some great gear i also have a pope hedge trimmer which has been great...
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Bluey don't get me wrong having the best gear doesen't make you instantly good at your job. Lets say 2 guys do exactly the same quality work one is neat and tidy his gear is clean along with his ute and trailer the other guy looks rough torn flano mower held together with wire looks like he couldn't care less which one would you get to cut your grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Paisley View Post
    Bluey don't get me wrong having the best gear doesen't make you instantly good at your job. Lets say 2 guys do exactly the same quality work one is neat and tidy his gear is clean along with his ute and trailer the other guy looks rough torn flano mower held together with wire looks like he couldn't care less which one would you get to cut your grass.
    Put in that context Mark I agree 100%. What I don't agree with is the notion that to be the best you have to buy the best. I run all stihl and honda gear now but I didn't always and if I could find a Big W with one of these Pope blowers I would buy one.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

would be a goden to do gutters with if you drop it off the roof.

I THINK ONCE THEY HAVE SOLD OUT OF THEM YOU WONT SEE THEM ANYMORE

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...NA+POPE&page=5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by administrator
    Kazz was originally sold at all good mower stores which built up the brand name till about three years ago approx .
    Naturally they are still sold at selected stores .

Sometimes same products are branded differently to confuse the general public example pope blowers sina blowers are the ebv260 model from china also the gator blower is the ebv260

I know ive mentioned that b4 lol

BACK IN 2009
    News Just in thanks to a forum member The local Gardner just informed me that the EBV260 BLOWER VAC has been reduced to half price at big w stores on sale at 88.00 fantastic buy .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Allright how good is honda gear this morning I was using my honda powered atom edger it was harder to start than usual I thought maybe because it was cold at 7am so I did a little bit of edging and it seemed to have no torque then it just stopped. Tried to start it and the cord won't pull it seems as if the engine has seized up, it's not that old took up to the mower shop. I'll keep you posted on what happens.
    As with the blowers and what I was saying about gear I don't care what you use, we must not forget the most important part of our business is our customers , without them there is no business,first impressions count for a lot in this game.

What is it a 25cc or a 35cc and with the cord sezuer undo there 4 bolts that hold the pull stgarter on and take it off turn the crank a couble of times and put it back on all good Happins alote with my stihl 4-mix....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

It's the 35 and it's at the mower shop I should have tried that spose I jumed the gun I was so pissed off when it happened

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast