Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Work boots ??

Default Re: Work boots ??

Anyone tried Magnum?

An old mate of mine in the Army swears by 'em for his work on deployment in wet places and dry places, instead of [cough] issue. They reduced the damage on a nasty meat-wound on his foot owing to an incident with a non-issue holster weapon. [long story, don't ask, the man is a projectile magnet.]

Not sure how they would go in our game... construction looks good, reports of long duration wear seem good, tread looks good...

Cheers - GardenGuy.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.

I've tried patching up a few shoes over the past gfew years but reckon its a waste of time. Glue doesn't seem to work( They probably took the carcinogenic active ingredient out of it or something) and if I spend money getting something stitched up something else on the boot will go. They're designed to be replaced i think.

I bought Steel blue Torquay boots a few months ago. On the positive side, the zips are great, I'm not getting in strife for tromping inside in my boots anymore. They are hightops, and I havn't turned my ankle since getting them. They didn't need any wearing in to speak of, so that was great.

On the negative side, they were dear - I paid $200 but the RRP is 240 I think. (They have a wider fitting than the argyles for my duck-like feet.) And now i realise that they have a 'composite' toecap-read fibreglass- which is rated for crushing hazards but not for stabbing or slicing. What do lawnies need? Der.

Tom

do the soles seem like they will last on those steel blues Tom?

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Got some Redbacks over 12 months ago not the most cumfy boots, but the soles still look new..think I ll get 6 months+ more out of them..
    Would buy again.. value for money
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

I bought a pair of Rossi's over a year ago and they are still going strong. Longest lasting pair of work boots i think i've owned.

My steelblues were as good as gumboots today. Farkin rain.

Blacksmith "Beastie" is a winner at a low price from BigW. It grips well on steep inclines and is well constructed, especially at the price.

The downside is that they chew laces owing to the d-rings, and they chew low-cost socks as the fit isn't as accurate as the better brands. However, at the price you can have two or three pair so that you can wear 'em properly and let a pair dry out for a day or few to avoid foot-rot and improve the longevity of the pair.

YMV, etc.

Cheers - GardenGuy.

NB - A 'reputable' boot dealer in Chatswood doesn't sell laces, only boots. lolwut?
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.

just scored a pair of Mongrel boots on ebay $81 posted
    1308783274844040_1.jpg
    given up on the bluesteel as my feet were ready to leave home by the end of the day and have been wearing an older pair of olivers, which instantly fixed the foot pain...will see how the mongrels go......

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

That looks like THE BIG BOOT you know like THE BIG BANANA
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Had an excellent year with daily use of the steel blue hightop zipside torquays.. but now the zips have started going down in the most annoying manner. soles, comfort, everything perfect otherwise.

Tom

Very Helpful Member

make sure you have the tab facing downwards as this should lock zips into place
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Member Rye Victoria great nature's Avatar

have you got heel spurs redeye? bloody painful.
    you gotta make sure you have really good shock absorption in your boots. i had heel spurs for 2 years from walking several kms every work day on a hard surface. got to the point were i had to quit the job and i hardly dared to walk around, even at home. i bought good quality shock absorbing runners and some composite toe hiker mack boots and never had a problem since.

had this pair of redback for over 12months, surprised actually cause im normally pretty hard on my boots but when they finally get retired ill be sticking with them, bit sad really cause i love the feel of new boots

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

It's so important to get shoes that fit right.

There are so many different fits that some are made for people with flat feet, arched feet, feet that roll in and feet that roll out.

I've never found boots that are comfortable... I've tried macks, mongrels and another pair that i forget the name which i though "might" be ok after trying them on... I alwaysneed to put new insoles and usually wear two pairs of socks to help.

With runners its also very important to get the right shoe... alot of people don't realise there are a neutral shoe and then ones that have a small or large "grey" section on the inside of the shoe. I had years of sore knee's and sore heels etc cuz i would buy a shoe that looks good but not suited for my feet.

Simmo.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast