Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Work boots ??

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Work boots ??

remember when sizing boots the 1/2 size is supposed to denote for wider feet
    ie: a 9 1/2 is the same length but wider than a 9
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I bought some 3mm neoprene and cut it to shape, and put in under the inner sole for extra padding - will see how it goes
    IMG343.jpg

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I went the cheap option and got some King Gees, Most comfortable pair of steel cap boots I have had to date, and light too. They get a bit slippery on wet concrete though.

I have had blundstone when they were still made in OZ now I find them not as good quality. Rossi Boots are pretty good. Macks are probably the best for long life but heavy. Had a set of the BIG W Blacksmith brand (not sure which one, but it was a lace up), they last about 3 months, I went to kick something out of the way and the whole back heel section ripped off the sole. lost the receipt so didn't take them back.

Shoes and boots don't usually last me long as I have a bad habit of scuffing my feet when walking, drives my misses insane.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    I bought some 3mm neoprene and cut it to shape, and put in under the inner sole for extra padding - will see how it goes
    IMG343.jpg
    I do that with my Mongrels too except I found some thin Bata insoles in the right size and put them under the original insoles. Works well to make the boot fit a bit tighter which is good particularly when walking on sides slopes as my feet no longer slide around so much in the boot.

My lady while out shopping bought me a couple of pairs of bamboo socks. I put them on first and my ordinary socks over the top. They are sooooo comfy, especially up here in the tropics as they soak up heaps of sweat. Only down side is they take a lot longer to dry out on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    remember when sizing boots the 1/2 size is supposed to denote for wider feet
    ie: a 9 1/2 is the same length but wider than a 9
    so the fella wasnt bull sh***** me after all. Explains why the boots feel a bit sloppy though side to side

The best thing I have found for wearing boots all day is to have the right socks. I bought Holeproof Explorer - Blister Defence socks. They are 2 socks sown into one. They feel a little strange sometimes when you first put them on but so bloody comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by troppo View Post
    My lady while out shopping bought me a couple of pairs of bamboo socks. I put them on first and my ordinary socks over the top. They are sooooo comfy, especially up here in the tropics as they soak up heaps of sweat. Only down side is they take a lot longer to dry out on the line.

Bought some bamboo socks the other week, they are fantastic !!!!!!

There the new ones Iam getting wont get as dirty any more but for the parinoide mind the name of them....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hard-Yakk...item4ac266a91d

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    IMG343.jpg
    do the same redeye except i use lambswool from and old car seat cover lol like walking on a cloud of air .

Quote Originally Posted by TomSizer View Post
    Had an excellent year with daily use of the steel blue hightop zipside torquays.. but now the zips have started going down in the most annoying manner. soles, comfort, everything perfect otherwise.

Tom
    One of the little plastic things pulled out and stuffed up the zip. They only have a 6 month guarantee. Just bought a new pair because The options: Blundstone, Oliver, don't seem as wide in the fitting. Bloody disapoointing I only got a year out of them, for a boot with RRP $250. RSEA have a 20% off sale on they at the moment, or you can get them for $220 on line.

Tom

tom, the "half sizes" are a wider fit usually,.

eg 9 and 9 1/2 are the same length but the 9 1/2 is wider.

???

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    tom, the "half sizes" are a wider fit usually,.

eg 9 and 9 1/2 are the same length but the 9 1/2 is wider.

???

cheers

Yup. The Steel Blue Torquay 9 1/2 seems wider than the Oliver and Blunstone 9 1/2.

Tom

yup, i like the steel blue argyles - most comfy boot ive ever worn, except for perhaps the scarpa hiking boots i went overseas with when i was a young fella

bought 2 pair last time for a discount on the 2nd pair, still got them under my desk in the box.

i dont like slip ons, theyre too loose on my feet, i like the laces.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TomSizer View Post
    One of the little plastic things pulled out and stuffed up the zip. They only have a 6 month guarantee. Just bought a new pair because The options: Blundstone, Oliver, don't seem as wide in the fitting. Bloody disapoointing I only got a year out of them, for a boot with RRP $250. RSEA have a 20% off sale on they at the moment, or you can get them for $220 on line.

Tom
    I bought a pair of the zip up blunnies from RSEA just over a week ago for about $180 or $190. They have a 2 year warranty on them including the zips.
    I too am in 9 1/2 and tried on the olivers and they just didn't feel right. At the end of the day it will be your feet not you wallet that makes the decision for you.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast