Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Work boots ??

Default Re: Work boots ??

I too am trying the BIG W Blacksmith brand. So far pretty good for the last 6 months...Very comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by djkgrounds View Post
    I went the cheap option and got some King Gees, Most comfortable pair of steel cap boots I have had to date, and light too. They get a bit slippery on wet concrete though.

I have had blundstone when they were still made in OZ now I find them not as good quality. Rossi Boots are pretty good. Macks are probably the best for long life but heavy. Had a set of the BIG W Blacksmith brand (not sure which one, but it was a lace up), they last about 3 months, I went to kick something out of the way and the whole back heel section ripped off the sole. lost the receipt so didn't take them back.

Shoes and boots don't usually last me long as I have a bad habit of scuffing my feet when walking, drives my misses insane.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

my next boots will be Olivers' after a circuitous route of the others, back to the one quality product - really pizzed off with the steel blue, won't go near 'em again

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    my next boots will be Olivers' after a circuitous route of the others, back to the one quality product - really pizzed off with the steel blue, won't go near 'em again
    +1.

I think I may too just return to Olivers and see what they have. I had slip ons back when I wore them but use lace ups now for the extra support.

Very Helpful Member
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

always liked the mongrel zipsiders, but now have the higher ankle blundstones and on the second pair ...loved olivers except they are too narrow for my foot
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Very Helpful Member
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    Redeye,

How did the steel blue let you down?

Tom

I was issued Magnums in my last occupation. But are not steel cap. Very comfortable tho.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Ive just recently become a convert from pull-ons to lace-ups, pull-ons are good if you have to frequently go into peoples houses, but when I know im going to be outdoors all day, you cant beat the lace-ups for comfort & support.
    I got a pair of BigW Pilbara brand $40 on special down from $60, & got some good neoprene/gel inner soles there too, pretty good for $55 total, been good for the last couple of months. Will probably step up()!, to a better pair for the next lace-ups.
    cheers
    Cert' II & Cert' III Arboriculture
    Carpenter & Property Maintenance
    www.bluewatermaintenance.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by TomSizer View Post
    Redeye,

How did the steel blue let you down?

Tom
    the soles are coming away and the foam between the bed and the sole is breaking down, on both boots
    IMG359.jpgIMG360.jpg
    in the first pic, inside is all eaten away from the collapsing foam - perhaps I'm expecting too much but never had this with Olivers

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

one trick i learnt was to have 2 pairs, i wear one in the morning (the newest pair, as thats my longest "shift") and the old pair in the arvo - this gives em a chance to dry out before i put em on next, i reckon its the sweat and not drying them out that ruins them quickly.

then when the oldest pair is ruined, the morning pair becomes the arvo pair, and i break out the new ones for the mornings.

i been using steel blues for about 3 years, and where they wear out for me in the earlier days was where your heel sits in the boot - but since rotating them this area is now better (still the most "worn" area in the boot) - but the "arvo ones" i now have, that are about 12 to 18 months old, have worn a small hole in the sole - but i do scrape my feet a bit like someone else said - used to drive my DAD crazy when i was a kid and he bought my shoes.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    one trick i learnt was to have 2 pairs, i wear one in the morning (the newest pair, as thats my longest "shift") and the old pair in the arvo - this gives em a chance to dry out before i put em on next, i reckon its the sweat and not drying them out that ruins them quickly.

then when the oldest pair is ruined, the morning pair becomes the arvo pair, and i break out the new ones for the mornings.

i been using steel blues for about 3 years, and where they wear out for me in the earlier days was where your heel sits in the boot - but since rotating them this area is now better (still the most "worn" area in the boot) - but the "arvo ones" i now have, that are about 12 to 18 months old, have worn a small hole in the sole - but i do scrape my feet a bit like someone else said - used to drive my DAD crazy when i was a kid and he bought my shoes.

cheers

download.jpg
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Anyone wearing Oliver boots know if they are a bigger boot than other makes?

I usually wear an 11 or thereabouts with most shoes and boots but the Oliver size chart says I'm a 9.5 to 10?

just compared mine to my mongrels and bluesteels, look exactly the same size to me - def don't want to get too small!! can always add foam under the innersole if needed

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast