Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Work boots ??

Default Re: Work boots ??

Quote Originally Posted by m287j View Post
    What is dublin wax ? What does it do and where do i get it ?
    hi m287j
    dublin wax u can usualy buy from any shoe shop etc or where leather goods are sold
    it helps to protect leather keep it water resistant and flexable to reduce cracking and drying out when you rub it on you pay attention to getting it in the seems and welt lines of your boots its also good to use on motor bike jacketts and drizabone coats etc think the last can i brought was about $12
    it real dose help prolong the life of your boots ...
    cheers

It is actually called Dubbin. It is great stuff and helps in waterproofing the leather of the boot. I have used it for years. A trick to using it is to stick the boots out in the sun for 10 mins then apply a coating and stick them back out for a couple more mins and then another coating. Also clean of all the crap before putting it on. It comes in a range of colours but just get the neutral one. Good boots stores will sell it.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

geez bluey showing me up again even coles or safeway sell it for around 4 bucks a tin
    Last edited by geoff; 07-07-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: not 40 but 4 ya dickhead head geoff

lol...no mate...just making sure ppl are going looking for the right stuff.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Peter Nolan & David S - A good set of boots for ankle support like Bluey says is well worth the dollars.
    I have used Rossi Eagles for more than 20 years. Tough, wide, waterproof and comfortable. At $250+ a pair they are expensive, but a re-sole costs $40, and I usually get 2x re-solesout of them. I'm on my 6th pair. (in 20+ years of daily wear)
    Blunnies are what I call my "slippers" - around the house shoes.

That's it - 2 pair of boots, a pair of thongs for the beach, and somewhere in the back of the wardrobe the shoes I got married in.

Have to check out the Mack Master's and redbacks though - the place I bought my last 3 pairs of Rossi's has closed and they're getting hard to find.
    Are they ankle high lace-ups ?
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Im due for a new pair of boots and was thinking Steel Blue look good and I like what I hear on here. Question is, there are 2 types I'd be keen on. They are Cobar and Hobart. What are you guys wearing and which would you recommend. They are both very similar as far as I can see. Opinions....

Mack.......................
    Cheers

Bluey

Oliver.....def lace ups in this game, with drizabone sock savers

I use the red back lace ups love them

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Im due for a new pair of boots and was thinking Steel Blue look good and I like what I hear on here. Question is, there are 2 types I'd be keen on. They are Cobar and Hobart. What are you guys wearing and which would you recommend. They are both very similar as far as I can see. Opinions....
    Ive used the steel blues but find them a real problem. Forever re tying them up.
    Now using Magnums. Only problem is they are not steel capped.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

i use and love steel blues.

i dont have a prob with the laces.

i got sick of kmart quality boots lasting 3 months in the qld summer (sweat eats the stitching and the heel cup)

i am getting about 18 months out of steel blues - and they fit so well, and support my big feet.

i would never mow without steel caps - think of putting your toes under the edge of the mower by mistake - you come so close without knowing it, one day it might be ZING - OWEEEEEEEEE

cheers.

Im not a fan of lace ups so will be going for slip on like usual.
    Ive worn Blunnies for ever except the Redbacks I tried. I hate the clear hard rubber sole, almost went azz up a heap of times. Went back to the Blunnie 170 and is what I would use as a bench mark.

So, I want to try SB boots. My choices are Cobar and Hobart. Cobar have kevlar stitching and is about the only difference I can see. Ive read good things about Hobart for wider feet so I dunno. Hobart's are the "contractor" and Cobar are good around chemicals.

http://www.steelblue.com.au/steel-bl...r-results.aspx

Unless someones worn these boots this is pointless!

I love the Oliver Style 33-650**Mid Cut Zip Sided Boot. Steel capped lace up with a side zip so they are always nice and tight but easy to get in and out of. Just picked up another pair on special for 70,- at the local safety shop, can't get any better value than that.

At the bottom of the linked page
    http://www.oliver.com.au/asp/show_products.asp?CatId=1
    Regards,
    Dean

Mick - I bought a pair of Mongrels earlier in the year. They're a really comfy boot.

They're lace-ups but have a zip on the inside ankle, similar to the Olivers Dean mentioned, so they're quick to get on and off.

I think they were about $150.

Model #261020 on the following page.

http://www.mongrelboots.com.au/spz.php

yeah, i hate slip on boots, they dont support your feet as well as a good lace up. When the elastic goes, its good bye boots.

the laces are a pita, i agree, but it only takes 1 minute before and after work to do em up/take em off.

and i like how the lace up ones cover your ankle really well,

to each his own

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast