Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Work boots ??

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Default Re: Work boots ??

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    i'm wearing http://www.mongrelboots.com.au/spz.phpthe 261020 very comfortable and really easy to get on and off with the zip think i paid about $140 2-3 months ago
    Are they steel capped Ian? Sorry just being lazy havent read the info.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    secret with any boot treat it weekly with dunblane
    x20 .................................................. .
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    i'm wearing http://www.mongrelboots.com.au/spz.phpthe 261020 very comfortable and really easy to get on and off with the zip think i paid about $140 2-3 months ago
    Anything with a zip is bound to fail. Why do boots have laces...because they work.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Anything with a zip is bound to fail. Why do boots have laces...because they work.
    Thats what concerns me with the zip and does the zip rub on the side of your foot. I don't want to change to a different boot to find I'm not happy with them. I do agree that I need to look at something other than slip on. If I was wearing lace up boots when I rolled my ankle at the tip a while back I don't think it would have been so bad. Must be 12 months since it happened and I still get a lot of pain in the side of my ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    x20 .................................................. .
    WTF is dunblane?? Must be the "age thing" again

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    Thats what concerns me with the zip and does the zip rub on the side of your foot. I don't want to change to a different boot to find I'm not happy with them. I do agree that I need to look at something other than slip on. If I was wearing lace up boots when I rolled my ankle at the tip a while back I don't think it would have been so bad. Must be 12 months since it happened and I still get a lot of pain in the side of my ankle.
    yes there steel capped
    the zip doesn't rub
    the idea is that you put the boots on and lace them up so there tight and still comfortable then undo the zip to put them on and off when the laces stretch you just redo them so it's a snug fit around the ankle again
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Seems like we're duplicating the other topic here but I'll put my thoughts forward again. My latest boots are a brand called Mongrels. I put a link to them in the other topic earlier in the year. The cost was up around $150 but they are the comfiest and most supportive workboots I've owned. They are a black leather steel cap. They are lace-up but also have a zip in the side so you can slip them on and off. They weigh about 890 grams per boot.
    As per my post in August; These are the same boots as Ian just mentioned in his post above. I've had mine since early in the year and they are simply the best boots I've worn. There is minimal wear anywhere to be seen yet. I'd do a bit less work per week than a lot of you guys but regardless, I highly recommend them. As Ian said, the zip cannot be felt at all and they're just as quick to get on and off as slip-ons. And they're quite a lightweight boot too compared to some.

I bought the Blue Steel boots but will be going back to Blundstone 170 well before the BlueS are worn out. For me, the Blunny 170 are more comfy and easier to walk in. I regret not just getting them again now.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

dont you guys mean dubbin?
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    WTF is dunblane?? Must be the "age thing" again
    i dont think this is what there refering to
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Hey Bluey, you wear the steel blue boots don't you? are you still happy with them?
    No mate I use Macks. Happy enough with them
    Cheers

Bluey

Dont know if ive mentioned it before but i bought a pair of steel capped anckle supported lace up boots from Big W for $45 a month ago. Called black hawk or something like that. Pretty strong and compfy boots.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

I bought a pair of olivers AT65's today, lace up steel caps. Put them on and thought pretty bloody compfy so I bought them. At $45 I thought why not , if I find I'm not that happy with them I will look at something else.

I bought a pair of olivers AT65's today, lace up steel caps. Put them on and thought pretty bloody compfy so I bought them. At $45 I thought why not , if I find I'm not that happy with them I will look at something else.
    Wow. Those olivers AT65's look comfy. Is it the brown ones you got? Where did you get them for that price?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I bought the Blue Steel boots but will be going back to Blundstone 170 well before the BlueS are worn out. For me, the Blunny 170 are more comfy and easier to walk in. I regret not just getting them again now.
    I'm the opposite, I bought my first pair of Steel Blue boots a couple of months ago after years of wearing Blunnies. I won't be going back to the Blunnies, I find the Steel Blues comfy and were quick to wear in. Each to their own.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast