Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: How to go on Holiday????

Default How to go on Holiday????

we know if someone work full time gardening and have 60-80 customer for regular service, he don't have time to go on holiday.
    Now my question is is anybody with this number of customer go on holiday and how long is been holiday? Did you need help of other contractors when you are on holidays??

Default Re: How to go on Holiday????

not a big holiday thats for sure maybe a couple of weeks but if you have workers or some back up bad luck......winter time is the only spot or a drought period maybe but i havent been so luck latley , dont have ant workers or back up and so much work during this winter i have to miss out

I am going on holidays Monday week. For 3 weeks. We are heading up to Queensland in our caravan to enjoy a bit of sun and surf. Got a huge week next week then Glen is gonna fit in what he can while I'm away. I have informed all my customers (130 of them) that I am going and if they need there lawns done while I'm gone to text me and I'll do my best to have there lawn done. Dont think about other lawnies in your area as the enemy, work with them and it makes things so much easier. If I've got a couple of lawns that I can get someone else to do that I cant get done I myself I pass them on.

I used to stress to much when we go away about work but whats the point in working if you cant have some time to yourself. I probably couldn't go away in spring but in winter it's ok. My customers understand that I will get there lawns back in shape when I return.

Work to live not live to work.

Cheers Rick

I have 140 odd clients and take a week to 10 days at a time for holidays . All I do is the week before mow normals regs plus the following mon Tues and half of Wed.
    Then when I get back mow that weeks normal regs plus the other half of wed, Thurs and Fri from the week I was away.

If reg clients ring I tell them I can do when get back or organise a fellow Jimmy to cover for me .

In March in SA would be our best time for an extended holiday due to the drought and nothing growing was thinking of taking 3 weeks next year.

I usually take 2 weeks of at the start of October for my pilgrimage to the Holy Mt Panorama for the spiritual journey know as the BATHURST 1000.

i don't even have to tell most of my old regulars, they just ask me when I'm leaving, and just let the newer customers know, and just schedule before and after. Its probably the slowest part of the year for me so it works in well.

Cheers
    jas
    Last edited by jas; 18-06-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: bad english

1 week may, 1week aug, 2-3 weekends away during warmer months..I have around 80-85 customers sole opperator..Let them know when i`ll be away and arrange for the work to be done before or after .....Happy holidays....
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

i take 10 days at xmas and usually 14-21 days off mid year, plus a lot of long weekends. All clients get a letter 4 weeks before, plus a reminder on the invoice at last mow. i have around 90 clients.
    Off to Port Lincoln late August early Sep this year for 18 days.