Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Answering Calls -how do you do it??

Default Re: Answering Calls -how do you do it??

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Gardens View Post
    My number ONE rule is that if I am talking to someone ie a client, or even the checkout chick at Woolies, I dont answer my phone EVER, I let it go to message bank and then return the call. I think it is extremely rude to answer it in this situation.

The client will often ask if I am going to answer it, my response is that while I am with them they are the most important person in the world. They then understand if I miss there call.
    excellent reply , thats what youi have to do in that situation , how i hate someone talking to me then having to turn away and talk the mobile .....when the phone rings and i am talking to the customer i hit the reject button , even the wife

right there with you geoff and 4 gardens
    i fill to answer the phone while your talking to a individual personaly shows them a form of reduction in respect towards your coversation with them ..

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Gardens View Post
    My number ONE rule is that if I am talking to someone ie a client, or even the checkout chick at Woolies, I dont answer my phone EVER, I let it go to message bank and then return the call. I think it is extremely rude to answer it in this situation.

The client will often ask if I am going to answer it, my response is that while I am with them they are the most important person in the world. They then understand if I miss there call.
    I agree on this as well,annoys the crap out of me.
    Only just started in this game but I have mobile and home number listed. I have message bank on the home number which text's me when there's a message. My message states I will call them back asap, I haven't missed any quotes that I know of so far so good.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

I leave usual home ph number in the Ad, because my wife is at home and she will answer on every call, and after I find customer I give them mob number and I tell them if I not answer on mob, I will call them back because when i work with lawn mower or brush cutter I can't hear ringing of the phone and they understand that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12