Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iphone

Default Re: Iphone

Nokias are good when I was 17 I was droping the kids off at the pool and playing a game on my phone Multi tasking any way the phone fell in the craper...Grabed it out dried it off and put it in the sun and worked like new....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    Nokias are good when I was 17 I was droping the kids off at the pool and playing a game on my phone Multi tasking any way the phone fell in the craper...Grabed it out dried it off and put it in the sun and worked like new....
    I hope it was before the kids were actually swimming?

Very Helpful Member

they had cases for the iphone 3g at the reject shop the other day for $3
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

I am glad to see from all the posts its not only me that destroys phones. I go through that many but i brought a tradies one last time and so far so good had it 6 months and no problems. I have thought about getting an iphone after seeing pictures on one a guy i know has but i no for sure i will scratch the screen. I had a touch screen one from ebay once before and once the screen was scratched every time i tried to put in a 9 it would put a 6 unless i hit a certain corner of the 9.

The picture quality is awesome and the nice big screen you can show them to customers and the can easily see the pic and you can zoom in. So you could show potential customers well this is one i did earlier.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

I picked up an iphone this arvo, if I dont like it I'll just flick it over to my missus. I'm not hard on phones but I might grab one of these for it.
    http://www.otterbox.com.au/iphone-ca...ase/index.html
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

I am one who has broken many phones during work. I bought an otter box for it (refer courty's link above) and have not damaged it in the slightest.

The features on the iphone are brilliant, i can check emails for quote requests etc. I can use the internet, find local suppliers through goggle searches and best thing is the Weather Bureau app i downloaded with weather forecasts, current temps and more importantly weather radar.

Really a very good phone with many good app's for us guys.

Have had an Iphone for a year now has a prodective film over the screen and is in a protective rubber cover .

Its an awesome phone especially having the weather radar at hand knowing if we can sit out the rain or if rains on the way or if its time to go home due to rain.

Sits in top pocket

Love all the games got over 7 pages of apps

Very Helpful Member

the also have the screen guards at the reject shop http://www.rejectshop.com.au/assets/...ue/large_4.jpg this is cheaper than they were at the carribean market today
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I do like the concept of the Iphone but seriously I would probably never use a fraction of it's capabilities and I don't fully understand what apps you have to pay for etc. As a personal phone it would probably be great but for work I need a rugged no frills phone that won't self destruct if I drop it and can put up with a dusty environment. About the only extra things I want on it is a camera and blue tooth.

Gordon why don't you have a look at Gopher. I used to try and use Outlook for scheduling. It was a complete pain. I bought a copy of Gopher and haven't looked back since. Beats the hell out of trying to schedule in Outlook
    I've just started using gopher, i normally use a card system, which i will keep for a while until i'm more confident with gopher.i'm on the trial version

Guys, Ive had an iPhone for nearly a year now. It is great to use as an office assistant, phone, callandar etc. I can get weather results in one click. Memos, reminders and more.
    Great for entering customer's details, follow ups etc. All in one phone.
    Ive dropped it on the ground a few times and it hasnt broken yet.
    Im on a plan with Optus $59 per month. $480 calls and unlimeted text and multi media. I think it's up to 3 Gigs of internet also.

And goggle maps for searching new clients or for the quickest way to another client..
    So far , I have not gone over the monthly useage. And it works out better for me instead of the old pre paid I used to have.

In my opinion if you aren't into flashy cameras or blue tooth accessories get a nokia 5140i. I've had 3 other tradie phones and numerous other phones but the 5140i has out lasted all of them. As well as being tough as nails it's also got a thermometer which I haven't found in any other phone yet.

Thanks Andy

I need both the camera and bluetooth.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I do like the concept of the Iphone but seriously I would probably never use a fraction of it's capabilities and I don't fully understand what apps you have to pay for etc. As a personal phone it would probably be great but for work I need a rugged no frills phone that won't self destruct if I drop it and can put up with a dusty environment. About the only extra things I want on it is a camera and blue tooth.

Gordon why don't you have a look at Gopher. I used to try and use Outlook for scheduling. It was a complete pain. I bought a copy of Gopher and haven't looked back since. Beats the hell out of trying to schedule in Outlook
    Hi Bluey,

Do you know if Gopher will sync with the Iphone?

Cheers

Jay
    Silkwood Garden Care
    Areas we service are:
    Blackburn, Blackburn South, Burwood East, Burwood, Mt Waverly, Glen Waverley

Jay
    I just downloaded gophers trial version tonight,will let you know once I've played with it.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Jay
    I just downloaded gophers trial version tonight,will let you know once I've played with it.
    Thanks Courty
    Silkwood Garden Care
    Areas we service are:
    Blackburn, Blackburn South, Burwood East, Burwood, Mt Waverly, Glen Waverley

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast