Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Sub work for you know who

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Default Sub work for you know who

I got a call fom a lady about doing some subwork. I was thinking ok no worries i will take work from whoever offers it to me and if she makes 10 bucks cause the person wants to go through her than thats fine. Any way just got the email from her and she is a jims mowing looked up her name on google and she is coming up on all these jim mowing sites. There is dozens of jim mowing guys up here everywhere a lot with next to no work like most of us at this dry season. I am wondering what is going on.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Default Re: Sub work for you know who

Is this a way jims check out the competitions prices and areas.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

I was in an estate last week doing some lawns and noticed a bloke driving around. Stopped in every street I did a lawn and started writing stuff down. No sooner would I move on and so would he.

Gee ....I wonder what he was doing

Jims are just another competitor to me(and this lady probably thinks the same) I sub contract out to a couple of Indies . There is no need to worry take it with both hands .

Make sure u price as you would any job sometimes they might think indies are cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    I was in an estate last week doing some lawns and noticed a bloke driving around. Stopped in every street I did a lawn and started writing stuff down. No sooner would I move on and so would he.

well glenn young fellow make sure you put all through the books..same thing happened to someone i know , turns out he was fronm the ATO

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MowerRob View Post
    Jims are just another competitor to me(and this lady probably thinks the same) I sub contract out to a couple of Indies . There is no need to worry take it with both hands .

Make sure u price as you would any job sometimes they might think indies are cheaper
    I was doing a regulars lawn on saturday and picked up a piece of paper from his lawn. Noticed it had Jims on it ,so I had a look and it was an invoice. Not bad the way it was all set up but I would have charged an extra 10 bucks. The address was for a house a couple of doors up the road and there is no way I would have done that place for the price on the invoice. To top it of the jims fellow was travelling a long way from home

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post

Might of been a real estate agent making notes on properties etc and just didn't want to get in your way. Next time talk to him, you'll find out soon enough and if he is a real estate you might be on a winner. If he's a spy he'll know you're onto him. He might be a learner watching your techniques etc?