Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Client Requested Work Cycles

Default Client Requested Work Cycles

Guys/Gals,

In my last career, I was in the management side of retail as some here would know.

We had what we called an On and Off week in sales and sales were affected by tens of thousands of dollars within that 2 week cycle.
    We also had a specific week each year when sales took off and that was weather and sports related too. Very similar to our business in timing.

Question is,

Is our industry effected much by the On and Off Government hand out pay cycle. ie when pensiors may want there lawns/gardens serviced after their income is banked, or other clients who rely on such income.
    Is there much impact re this topic.

As I'm placing a 26 week continous advert and then going to insert some random bigger adverts in around page 7 of the paper over spring. I was thinking these random larger one off type adverts would be better placed on ON pay weeks.

Any feedback appreciated.
    Cheers Garry

Default Re: Client Requested Work Cycles

I wouldn't really worry too much about the timing in regards to pay week, more so after you get some rain. If you start to get some decent rain and its all going to start growing, throw the add in then. The first decent bit of rain you get in Spring I would put the add in that week for the following week or two.

Thanks Stripes,

I really didn't think the impact was applicable to the industry. But still worth an ask, just in case the impact was noticable and worthy of being mindful off.
    Cheers Garry

probably the only people are the pensioners..i find most of mine like the mows on the pay day week but as said not a big factor

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

I have found the weather to be a big factor. If it is raining I don't get to many calls but as soon as you get a sunny day the phone starts to ring, especially if it is late in the week.

yeah and its on for young and old when the weekend is crap especially in the spring and boy does that little f@cker ring on the monday