Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auctions

Default Auctions

Just wondering if anyone knows of places where auctions are held for ex council equipment? I want to buy a small truck but can't see the value in a new one. My old boss used to buy ex council trucks that were usually no more than 3 years old and had low km's. I also wouldn't mind checking out what other equipment they may have.

i don't know if each council has individual auctions, or if a company auctions off different council equipment at stages through the year. I know there are people on ebay flogging off ex council equipment, but would love to know where they get it from as I think there can be some bargains out there, and especially on equipment that may not be used that much buy us but would be handy to have- turf cutter, de-thatcher etc.

Default Re: Auctions

Pickles handle some

also greys online

good starting points
    To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

here y'are

http://www.governmentauctions.com.au/?state=nsw

Sydney has a commercial vehicle auction on Tuesday next week!
    ~ Joanne ~

have you looked at the tax advantages on buying new against buying second hand. Also new offers a warranty which you won't get on austion bought vehicles. talk to you accountant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    here y'are

http://www.governmentauctions.com.au/?state=nsw

Sydney has a commercial vehicle auction on Tuesday next week!
    Sweet thanks for that. You did better than my Google search.

Quote Originally Posted by bellarinelawns View Post
    have you looked at the tax advantages on buying new against buying second hand. Also new offers a warranty which you won't get on austion bought vehicles. talk to you accountant.
    Yeah I already have had a few new utes, but the trucks I have been looking at are around 50-60k new, so I just think they are too much. I'm hoping the price of the ex government trucks will outweigh the tax benefits.
    There is a small Kia truck that is about 30k new, but I just don't know if they are any good, but I'd like to buy a bigger truck with a dual cab and tipper. I'm not looking at buying right now, but who knows what the next 6 months will come up with. I'd just like to get an idea of what these trucks go for so I can plan ahead.

Member of forum only grasshopping's Avatar

Hi guys and girls, there is a place at lakemba called Capital Tools that receives ex-council equipment at the end of every month. They then send it all down to the second hand mower stores in melbourne. So if you can catch them before they go you can get a good deal on some really good gear. ie. we bought our stihl fs130 from the guy and it goes really well. I hope this info helps.

CAPITAL TOOLS - Ph. 0416465261

Kathryn and Mark

Grasshopper Mowing Services

Thanks for that. I think they sell it on Ebay as well, but they would be like a middle man. I'd say they would buy it at auction then put things on ebay for a higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by tree beard View Post
    Pickles handle some

also greys online

good starting points

Ex-council equipment auction on now at Graysonline.

Quote Originally Posted by Zweedo View Post
    Ex-council equipment auction on now at Graysonline.
    Thanks mate. That's what I was looking for.

also you could try manheim fowles, they have an auction house in most states and run different types of auctions .. car, truck, machinery etc.

http://www.manheimfowles.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows of places where auctions are held for ex council equipment? I want to buy a small truck but can't see the value in a new one. My old boss used to buy ex council trucks that were usually no more than 3 years old and had low km's. I also wouldn't mind checking out what other equipment they may have.

i don't know if each council has individual auctions, or if a company auctions off different council equipment at stages through the year. I know there are people on ebay flogging off ex council equipment, but would love to know where they get it from as I think there can be some bargains out there, and especially on equipment that may not be used that much buy us but would be handy to have- turf cutter, de-thatcher etc.
    Try Fowles Auctions Moorebank NSW..They have a website

Sweet thanks for that. You did better than my Google search.

Yeah I already have had a few new utes, but the trucks I have been looking at are around 50-60k new, so I just think they are too much. I'm hoping the price of the ex government trucks will outweigh the tax benefits.
    There is a small Kia truck that is about 30k new, but I just don't know if they are any good, but I'd like to buy a bigger truck with a dual cab and tipper. I'm not looking at buying right now, but who knows what the next 6 months will come up with. I'd just like to get an idea of what these trucks go for so I can plan ahead.
    Go 4 it stripes, u wont look back.
    Cheers Dean.

look up the sherifs office , they sell stuff that gets repossed ,

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Pickles auction all the council stuff here lot of time though it is had it by the time it goes to pickles but me and vj have both got some bargains here and there from pickles
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

thanks for the tips people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast