Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Tecumseh 6.5hp engine.

Default Tecumseh 6.5hp engine.

Hi people, I have a chance to by a Toro self propelled mower 2009.
    I haven't had any experience with the Tecumseh engine. Can anyone advise if they are a good engine/mower. Thanks.

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Tecumseh 6.5hp engine.

many years ago a mower dealer told me they were about the best motor going as they have an oil pump how true this is i don't know but this may be helpful if you do buy it http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Great engines from all reviews I have heard.

I'm not too sure on parts availability. Depends on which model. I had an old 70's model Rover mower with a Techumseh engine and it just wouldn't die the frame rusted out and fell to bits but the engine kept on going.

Mind you some of those Chinese copies of Hondas are pretty good as long as you change the oil and clean the air filter regularly. Parts can be hard to get but.