Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Ok I admit, "I'M A VIRGIN" With Body Corp that is!!!

Default Ok I admit, "I'M A VIRGIN" With Body Corp that is!!!

Hello folks, Spoke to a woman today who has a shop within a complex that occupies an area of about another 40 shops and 100 car carpark.

She asked me what I did for a crust and I told her Garden Maintenance. She went on to tell me that she isn't happy with the current people who are maintaining the gardens and grounds that occupy her shop. She then went on to tell me that she was going to ring the Body Corporate tomorrow and complain again. She asked if I could go into the Body Corporate and give them a card to see if I could maintain the premises.

Q1, What should I take eg, business cards ect?
    Q2, Is the Property Manager the best to speak to?
    Q3, Can I ask what the other people were charging?

Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Ok I admit, "I'M A VIRGIN" With Body Corp that is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo56 View Post
    Hello folks, Spoke to a woman today who has a shop within a complex that occupies an area of about another 40 shops and 100 car carpark.

She asked me what I did for a crust and I told her Garden Maintenance. She went on to tell me that she isn't happy with the current people who are maintaining the gardens and grounds that occupy her shop. She then went on to tell me that she was going to ring the Body Corporate tomorrow and complain again. She asked if I could go into the Body Corporate and give them a card to see if I could maintain the premises.

Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    First things first i would get her name and phone number to varify the story and to give you something to go into bat with.

The property manager is the best to speak to, would help if you had the Body Corp or Owners Corp number ( somewhere usually around the front of the premises there will be a plaque with this info on it ) when you go in to see them.

You can ask what the others were charging but you will either get a funny look or they will tell you a cheap price anyway. It helps them if they can get a cheaper price doesn't it.

If you have a website direct them to that, bring in business cards, referrals from happy clients etc anything that will help sell you and your business.

You have to realise that this lady might not be the only one who has a say in who maintains that property and that the other parties involved may like who is doing it. This Body Corp company may also have others on there books that may get preferance ahead of you but its worth a try if you have the time.

You have to also consider that maybe they don't want to pay what the contracts worth and thats why the current contractor is doing an average job.

Good advice by Scooby....also...

Get a certificate of currency for your liability insurance and give them a copy, they won't even look at you otherwise.
    ~ Joanne ~

Thankyou very much for the heads up guys, much appreciated.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    First things first i would get her name and phone number to varify the story and to give you something to go into bat with.

The property manager is the best to speak to, would help if you had the Body Corp or Owners Corp number ( somewhere usually around the front of the premises there will be a plaque with this info on it ) when you go in to see them.

You can ask what the others were charging but you will either get a funny look or they will tell you a cheap price anyway. It helps them if they can get a cheaper price doesn't it.

If you have a website direct them to that, bring in business cards, referrals from happy clients etc anything that will help sell you and your business.

You have to realise that this lady might not be the only one who has a say in who maintains that property and that the other parties involved may like who is doing it. This Body Corp company may also have others on there books that may get preferance ahead of you but its worth a try if you have the time.

You have to also consider that maybe they don't want to pay what the contracts worth and thats why the current contractor is doing an average job.
    when i first started this "friend" of mine was saying how the guy did a **** job mowing and that he hardly ever was there. he arranged the property manager a meeting with me and i spoke to the property manager and gave her my price of 260 for a set of 12 flats with quite a paddock behind them i was working on it would be like mowing 6 decent size yards knowing what i know now i would most likely have asked for 350 or more. the property manager said that land lords as tight as they come and the current guy is doing it for 50 dollars. i thought she is bull****ting me. she turned around pulled out the folder for the place and said im not pulling your leg here is his invoices. well that guy is still mowing it my friend is still complaining and when that guy spits the dummy the landlord might have to come into reality. Landlords body corp dont care if John is cheaper he gets the job they dont think if they get a guy that does a better job they might be able to get more rent and have higher occupancy rates.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

I would treat this with a grain of salt. I have found ppl like this are my biggest time wasters. The talk the talk but cant even walk. Normally find out they have no say in what goes on and are the whingers in the BC group. But just the same give it a go and follow Scoobies advice.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

[QUOTE=Stevo56;52178]Hello folks, Spoke to a woman today who has a shop within a complex that occupies an area of about another 40 shops and 100 car carpark.

i would have been more inclined to have handed her a few cards and tell her to pass them on to who ever is in charge when she makes another complaint and if there interested thay can contact you , then if thay do you walk the grounds with them and disscus what can and should be improved on ... dosnt waste your time then ,also gives you an opertunity to speak with some of the other store owners to find out what improvements thay would like to see etc ...

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I would treat this with a grain of salt. I have found ppl like this are my biggest time wasters. The talk the talk but cant even walk. Normally find out they have no say in what goes on and are the whingers in the BC group. But just the same give it a go and follow Scoobies advice.
    i agree and ive been there before wasting time to be told most are happy but there is one winger who can never be made happy.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care