Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Yukon multitool

Hybrid View

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Default Yukon multitool

Just wondering if anyone has heard of Yukon equipment before. Definitely not commercial equipment but I am interested in what it is like.

My wife's work has started stocking power gardening equipment and the other day I had a look at a machine that is 33 cc with a bump feed head, hedging attachment and a chainsaw attachment. I'm going to try and convince them to give me one to test drive but if they wont for a $195 I'm willing to spend the money and find out if it's any good.

Default Re: Yukon multitool

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has heard of Yukon equipment before. Definitely not commercial equipment but I am interested in what it is like.

My wife's work has started stocking power gardening equipment and the other day I had a look at a machine that is 33 cc with a bump feed head, hedging attachment and a chainsaw attachment. I'm going to try and convince them to give me one to test drive but if they wont for a $195 I'm willing to spend the money and find out if it's any good.
    mate if you get hedging job thats around that figure , what have you got to loose , but some experience and really test the theory of " you get what you pay for"....I know some people have paid over 10 times that amount and weren't truly satisfied for the dollars spent ..

Hey

I have been looking at these bad boys

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ht_4922wt_1139

I only need a tool that will be used every now and then as I build up clients that need this type of machines.

What do you think? Does anyone know anything about these engines ? any feedback from the other Yukon engine users ?

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by MAGOO View Post
    Hey

I have been looking at these bad boys

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ht_4922wt_1139

I only need a tool that will be used every now and then as I build up clients that need this type of machines.

What do you think? Does anyone know anything about these engines ? any feedback from the other Yukon engine users ?

Craig
    Its actually my wifes work place. She is the office manager there. They Sell a lot of the Yukon equipment and have good feedback about it, but do you reckon I can get any equipment to try out .........

Just ordered one. Will let you know how it goes. I mainly need it for the extended hedger. I figure it will save me heaps on time not moving ladders all over the place.

I've just ordered one as well. Need a pole saw to try at home, so instead of hiring one for around $100, thought I'd bite the bullet and purchase this one. Largely due to the review above. This forum is a wealth of information!

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post

$195 FOR ALL OF THAT??????????????? WOW. Imagine if its good!
    Now we need a guinea pig.
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves View Post
    $195 FOR ALL OF THAT??????????????? WOW. Imagine if its good!
    Now we need a guinea pig.
    Cheers Dean.
    I believe the rrp is usually $560

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4-in-1-PETROL...-/180547787486

I'm Guessing this is it.

I was just looking on Sydney tools for a Makita Multi tool and i thought they had one with 30+ cc's. Someone from here bought one.
    $ 750 i think from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil&family View Post

I'm Guessing this is it.

I was just looking on Sydney tools for a Makita Multi tool and i thought they had one with 30+ cc's. Someone from here bought one.
    It looks a lot like the Baumr-AG Multi tool.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-LONGREACH...faultDomain_15

i just purchased one as well.. had another job where this would of been great instead of using a telescopic ladder and plank of wood as a platform (not safe as all, up in the hedge with the cutters and hedger)

my older brother has some tree branches on his property that need clearing so I can get heaps of practise in before charging people for this service

I will post a review later as well !

Magoo

Hey

I just got home all excited and opened up my garage to find this !!!

someone had thrown the box under my house... I was not happy, called customer service and sent them some pics. They want me to test every bit to make sure nothing is broken...

whip.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Neil&family View Post

I'm Guessing this is it.

Yep. Thats the one Neil.

I had a look when I was at my wifes work last sat day. Its a little bit heavy and didn't come with an extension but looked alright for a cheapo and I wouldn't have a problem having one for a backup.

Mind you I'm using a sanli so can't say anything about comparisons to more expensive gear

Hi Cranbourne,

How do you find the Sanli?

I use their motors(only) on Kaaz sticks for by residential stuff. For the price I get them at they are great. Keep the Shindaiwa and genuine Kaaz for other stuff.

This could be an expensive experiment if it breaks..I think we all have learnt by now you get what you pay for..

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast