Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Yukon multitool

Default Re: Yukon multitool

Quote Originally Posted by HPM View Post
    These yukons look like the attatchments would fit on the shindaiwa multi tool..has anyone tried it out.
    Thats what i thought. I tried, different size, shindy is a smaller diameter.
    Cheers Fred.

Mine arrived Friday, so I got up early Saturday morning to put it together. All assembled fine and used the pole saw on a mammoth tree we have out the front. Aside from initially putting the chain on the wrong way (no wonder it wouldn't cut!) the machine worked fine for over an hour. Had a big mess to clean up afterwards though. 1 and a half trailer loads, over $100 in dump fees.

I haven't tried the hedge trimmer or whipper head yet, but I've decided to put one of the blades on the head so it is different to my Shindy brushcutter.

Good trial run for when you do a real commercial job like that Woodsy. Many homeowners have no idea just how much green waste can come of a relatively small tree. Which dump did you use. If you have a wood heater or know someone who has saw the stuff up into useable lengths and stick it out the back to dry out for a year or so. Free firewood and saves on dumping fees
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Mine arrived Friday
    That's when mine was supposed to arrive. Got sent to Sydney instead. Now I have to wait until Wed. Not very happy. I have a client lined up to test the hedge trimmer on it as well. Waiting waiting waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Many homeowners have no idea just how much green waste can come of a relatively small tree.
    So true mate. I reckon from the visual inspection you should allow double what you estimate (in most cases) by the time it's on the ground. Had to take down a mid-sized Celtis recently and it was bare from Winter leaf-fall and even with compacting it, my 8 x 5 x 4 trailer was still overflowing.

My Yukon tool turned up late today too but I haven't unboxed it yet. Job for tomorrow if the showers and drizzle keeps up.

Anyone know if the gearboxes etc would already be greased?

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Anyone know if the gearboxes etc would already be greased?
    If their not it would be the first time I've heard of having to grease up before use.

Hey

I just got home all excited and opened up my garage to find this !!!

someone had thrown the box under my house... I was not happy, called customer service and sent them some pics. They want me to test every bit to make sure nothing is broken...

whip.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday,put it together this morning.
    Fueled her up,fired within the first few pulls. Adjusted the idle and she's good to go.
    Adjusted the hedger blades to 10 thou as they were to tight.
    The couplers seem pretty sturdy to me. Weight wise I was expecting it to feel heavier and it seems pretty well balanced though I am a pretty big bloke so that could vary.
    Only time will tell if it's reliable or not,will post some more when I've put a few hours on it.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by MAGOO View Post
    someone had thrown the box under my house... I was not happy, called customer service and sent them some pics. They want me to test every bit to make sure nothing is broken...
    Mine turned up with Toll Ipec and the box had suffered some damage at one end and was completely soggy on that end as well. Makes you wonder what goes on?

Opening it this evening to see if everything's okay.

Waiting,waiting,waiting .......
    How did they go ??? Need to get a combo set soon . Cut some s..t up you guys !!!
    Search and Destroy !!

Assembled the engine onto the half shaft but haven't tried any of the attachments yet. Fuelled it up and it started within 5 pulls and settled down to a nice idle. It is bloody heavy though being 49cc so I can see the harness/strap getting a bit of use.

managed to get some time today and assembled it... the world worst instructions

The only thing is when I release the throttle it seems to 'stick' and slowly go down to an idle. Probably me any suggestions on fixing this ?

Big test out tomorrow with it ... Hope it is up to it

Craig

You actually got instructions with yours? LOL.

You haven't got a kink or restriction in the throttle cable have you? I noticed that the throttle and ignition cables were all way longer than necessary and required some 'management'. I'm thinking of shortening and reconnecting the cables to the on-off switch at least, to minimise the chance of them snagging on something.

the cables are about 9cm too long.... have you have any issue with petrol flow? a few time it stopped today and a few pumps and restart, it was back up running

I used the hedger tool .... went very well. My echo hedger and this worked well and as this hedger is wider than the echo it cut very well. Forgot the chain oil so I was unable to use the pole saw.

I reckon for 250 not bad value

good starter tool to expand the business but something like a STIHL combo tool may be worthwhile for heavier users

No probs with petrol flow with mine. When I started it I revved it a bit, turned it off and on a few times and let it idle for a few minutes and it was okay.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast