Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Yukon multitool

Default Re: Yukon multitool

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    What is this Yukon multitool ? I cant find it on the net anywhere???
    Don't bother. It's seriously not worth it.

I'm still waiting for my refund and haven't left any eBay feedback for them yet. They'll probably contact me and ask me to change it when I do.

The guy on the phone seriously told me that they have never had a problem with one single unit. I mentioned to him a few I knew of personally and he started to change his tune.

David - interesting to hear they have a Facebook page. I'll be having a look.

I'm reading this thread and beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable. I gave a review of the unit I bought some twelve months ago, which has worked and performed just fine, (still does), but it looks like some of the guys here have not had the same results with them.

Maybe I got lucky and got a good one, but I could only report on my own personal experience of the unit. There was no intention to mislead anyone.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    I'm reading this thread and beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable. I gave a review of the unit I bought some twelve months ago, which has worked and performed just fine, (still does), but it looks like some of the guys here have not had the same results with them.

Maybe I got lucky and got a good one, but I could only report on my own personal experience of the unit. There was no intention to mislead anyone.

Bob.
    Don't be to concerned Bob,No one will hold it against you.
    I bought one as well and touch wood,so far so good. Yes the hedging attachment is small and a bit toy like but mine seems to be cutting fine so far. The engine on mine starts easy and seems pretty strong. I will probably be buying a dedicated pole hedger soon anyway and the Yukon will be relegated to a clean up brush cutter which it seems fine at.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

At the end of the day they are not a commercial unit. I have been told that concidering how many of them are sold there is only a very small number of them that customers have problems with.
    If anyone wants to speak with me about them, then pm me but there is not much I can do. I'm already in enough trouble for mentioning that my wife works for one of the suppliers.

Trouble from who mate? Not the Mrs I hope?

The PM I was going to send was to see who your wife is; to see if she was the one who emailed me today as I wanted to say thanks. They have agreed to refund the purchase price on my multi-tool which I returned last week.

The woman from Kmate who emailed me and helped out was Kerri.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Trouble from who mate? Not the Mrs I hope?

The PM I was going to send was to see who your wife is; to see if she was the one who emailed me today as I wanted to say thanks. They have agreed to refund the purchase price on my multi-tool which I returned last week.

The woman from Kmate who emailed me and helped out was Kerri.
    That would be my boss, um sorry wife.

cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post

Bob.
    You told it the way you saw it, & thats how it should be.
    You did'nt mislead anyone.
    Thanx 4 taking the time to do the report.
    Cheers Fred.
    Cheers

I have experienced my first problem with this tool. The pole saw attachment will not engage and I can hear a loud "whirring" noise. It seems the shaft is not engaging with the drive in the saw attachment, and it appears it has worn the end of the drive spline.

I have got a fair bit of use out of the polesaw around home, and have used the bruchcutter with blade on some long grass, but the first time I go to use the polesaw on a paying job and it fails. Finished the job with ladder, loppers and hand saw.

At least I might gain some knowledge by pulling it apart to see how it all works!

I am thinking about the Makita whippy with pole saw attachment might be in my future.

Finally got around to pulling the chainsaw attachment apart. The gear inside the saw that runs off of the spline drive has stripped. Doesn't really show up in the photo. I am beginning my warranty claim today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

good luck with the claim.
    was all that grease in there?
    funny thing i learnt recently is that if there is too much grease in a gearbox like those then it can actually cause overheating and stuff the gearbox .. this is direct from a stihl workshop manual for a brushcutter. if i didnt read that i would of assumed you couldnt hurt it with extra grease but apparently thats killing it with kindness

Can someone tell me if the attachments for these units are solid shafts with spline ends like they are on the dearer commerical units?

Thanks
    David

mine are; but their all different sized splines depending on brands- some are adaptable between brands, lots aren't

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by xpc View Post
    Can someone tell me if the attachments for these units are solid shafts with spline ends like they are on the dearer commerical units?

Thanks
    David
    I can tell you the shaft is around 5mm and comes out of the tube it runs in. It has a torx or star shaped end.

I received an email from the supplier yesterday advising me that the replacement part is no in stock and will be despatched today. I'll either have it tomorrow or early next week. Not sure what is going to turn up, whether it will be the compete polesaw attachment or just a new drive unit. They don't want me to send the damaged part back. So far I have been happy with their responses.

Guys. I bought one of these chinese crappy 4 in one multi tools a while back on ebay. It looks exactly like the yukon.
    Problem after problem.
    Save your money and pay for a known brand.
    I was using the chinese thing the other day and the motor just stops every time i turned the trimmer sideways...
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

I've got a cheap pole saw that does that - kinda defeats the purpose!

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast