Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Is anyone on Face Book

Default Re: Is anyone on Face Book

Looking good Darren!

GARDENWORX Toowoomba
    https://www.facebook.com/gardenworx

The trouble with social network marketing is that you would need to spend alot of active time on it to get it working for you. As a local business, you could get likes from local people by joining local groups, and run promotions through those groups etc. Also, they are good for marketing to your existing client base. I preferr to spend more time on traditional media, or tweek my ads on gumtree among others. I do have a fb page though.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

I'm on Facebook, please like my page.
    I am a bit slack at updating my site though, having said that there's plenty of pics and stuff on there. Clients don't really look at it, on my business cards i only refer to my website address, which again needs updating.
    The way i look at it is Facebook is a free marketing tool and if i pick up a client through it great, but i don't expect to.

my facebook page has suddenly become really elongated, so I have to use the left/right arrows to scroll across the page - anyone else getting this or know how to fix it? I'm using firefox

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I'm using Firefox too.

Just had a look at mine and it's fine. Sorry I can't help with an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    my facebook page has suddenly become really elongated, so I have to use the left/right arrows to scroll across the page - anyone else getting this or know how to fix it? I'm using firefox
    Your page looks fine on my computer. I use Chrome.

I'm going to a seminar next week on social media and business so will post anything interesting that I learn

Kel

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    It's a page zoom thing. To zoom out, hold down the Ctrl key and tap the - (minus) key until you can see the whole screen. Likewise to zoom in hold down Ctrl and tap the + key

At any time to reset your screen to the normal zoom, Ctrl 0 (zero)
    ~ Joanne ~

fixed it Joanne, it wasn't a page fit problem, had to remove and re-install firefox

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by hoes r us View Post
    I'm going to a seminar next week on social media and business so will post anything interesting that I learn

Kel
    Thanks Kelli, looking forward to it. Facebook here we come

Smile Re: Is anyone on Face Book

OK, here's what I got from the seminar and a bit of reading I've done since:

Many customers are tech savvy. They get a lot of information through "social media" (Facebook etc) and their expectations have changed. They expect immediacy, they want something in return for the information/time, they demand honesty, they want to feel you actually care about them and they want things to be easy. They expect you to listen and respond QUICKLY. Facebook is the top media tool used by businesses. Twitter, LinkedIn ad YouTube are the other 4 most popular. If you use these tools, you have to be prepared and available to answer peoples' questions during your waking hours - a good idea to have a smart phone with internet access.

Benefits of social media:
    • Increased exposure - people can see who you are and what you do
    • Gaining marketplace intelligence (i.e.seeing what's going on with everyone else)
    • Generating leads
    • Developing loyal "fans"

Facebook is a good way to test how you want to do things before you get your own website or you may continue to use it instead of a website - it's free! You can include before and after photos to showcase what you do.

In a nutshell, I think we all have to start using Facebook and other "social media" as they call it or we won't be maximising opportunities available to us. It takes a bit of effort and for those of us who don't like being glued to our phones or computers, can be quite a challenge, especially when we're out on the job. But I reckon all we can do is the best we can and give it a go.

Right, I'm off to work out how the bloody hell to set up a business Facebook page! If I can't work it out, I've got a nephew coming over tonight who I'm sure will be able to do it in a flash. Here's a good piece of advice......if it's too hard to set something up on the computer, get kids to do it and tell you how to use it! If you have to bribe them, so be it!!

Hope this helps.

Kel

Just checked my Colorscape Gardening Facebook page and saw some d@@khead i have never heard of has decided he's an employee of my business, put himself down as a labourer. I've emailed him telling ghim to remove the reference straight away.
    Anyone else experienced this sort of crap ?

Nothing too flash just yet, but any support you guys can give me is welcome (have already liked alot of your ones already)
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tjs...322777?fref=ts

thanks Tim

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456