Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone on Face Book

Default Re: Is anyone on Face Book

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    4 visits is definitely better than non!
    I would say, if your getting people to "like" that are out of your circle of friends, then thats a good thing! Why would anyone join or like a gardening business group? Id say they'd be interested in gardening or on the hunt for a possible gardener.
    But really, would you search for a mechanic on FB? Id be on google or the YP's!

Im trying to get my friends to join mine. My friends already know what I do, its there friends that Im after!
    I really have my doubts about the benefits of FB as a service business like ours. But is free so no harm!
    Yeah it is a bit of an unknown but from what I understand if someone "likes" the page it shows on their page and their friends can then visit your page from that link. So the more people who like your page the more that link gets out there and the more people who can possibly go to your page to see what it is. If they then like it to then that's another link back to your page and so it grows
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Yeah it is a bit of an unknown but from what I understand if someone "likes" the page it shows on their page and their friends can then visit your page from that link. So the more people who like your page the more that link gets out there and the more people who can possibly go to your page to see what it is. If they then like it to then that's another link back to your page and so it grows
    Thats how it has been explained to me bluey,as well as helping search engines find your site as well.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Had my FB page going for a few weeks now. Already got 60 likers of which only 20 are my friends. Have got 5 regular customers from it and this week I got 2 jobs from completely random people via the page. Costs nothing, already paid for its self 500 times over! The best way Ive found to use it is log in as the page then like other business' and groups pages in your area and get them to like yours then everytime you post something it comes up on their page to. Ive liked every Real Esate in town and many others. For the time and effort it takes (practically none) its working well.
    www.facebook.com/CorysC.O.R.Y.S

I just added a "Like" box in my sig. I had to can my old "Group" because facebook are changing the format. Finally got the like box link on my website too.

Quote Originally Posted by C.O.R.Y.S View Post
    Had my FB page going for a few weeks now. Already got 60 likers of which only 20 are my friends. Have got 5 regular customers from it and this week I got 2 jobs from completely random people via the page. Costs nothing, already paid for its self 500 times over! The best way Ive found to use it is log in as the page then like other business' and groups pages in your area and get them to like yours then everytime you post something it comes up on their page to. Ive liked every Real Esate in town and many others. For the time and effort it takes (practically none) its working well.
    Nice phone number cory... thats smart

Thanks yeah I was happy I snagged it. Only cost something like $140 bucks to. That pic is a scan of one of my business cards. Shame I wasnt smart enough to pick up the f*#king spelling mistake before I aproved them to print!

So if you click like on their page they will like you back? Or do you need to post on their wall for them to like you back?

50 50 depends on the sort of page it is i guess

No i can't stand face book, myself. Don't care for Twitter either.
    I have to disconnect my kids from the collective to get any chores done.
    As far as business goes, don't need it.

I had a go at some facebook ads over the last few days. Not expensive, as you can pay per click.
    Since last monday, I have had 7913 people see my ad an average of 9.4 times. Of those, 24 people have clicked the ad to view my site, and the number of people who 'like' my page has grown from 4 of my friends, to 24 people, some who I don't know at all.

Just yesterday, I changed my ad to mention that we have weekly specials, and added my phone number, so people don't even have to click on my ad for my contact details.

You can also specify your target audience. I chose to advertise to anyone using facebook, who lives within 10km of Toowoomba, which accounts for roughly 33,000 people.
    You can be very specific with your targeting, using location, proximity to location, age, marital status, gender, ***ual orientation, language spoken, interests, level of education, and even which company they work for, provided they have input this information on their profile.

The feature also gives you fairly detailed reports on demand.

I think I'll just keep going with it until I either reach the full 33,000 of my target audience, or get some jobs, or go broke

It seems the number of people liking the page would grow exponentially, as it becomes visible on the pages of more 'friends of friends'.
    Archer's Yard Maintenance
    Toowoomba, Qld
    Archer's Yard Maintenance on Facebook

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AYM View Post
    I had a go at some facebook ads over the last few days. Not expensive, as you can pay per click.
    Since last monday, I have had 7913 people see my ad an average of 9.4 times. Of those, 24 people have clicked the ad to view my site, and the number of people who 'like' my page has grown from 4 of my friends, to 24 people, some who I don't know at all.

Just yesterday, I changed my ad to mention that we have weekly specials, and added my phone number, so people don't even have to click on my ad for my contact details.

You can also specify your target audience. I chose to advertise to anyone using facebook, who lives within 10km of Toowoomba, which accounts for roughly 33,000 people.
    You can be very specific with your targeting, using location, proximity to location, age, marital status, gender, ***ual orientation, language spoken, interests, level of education, and even which company they work for, provided they have input this information on their profile.

The feature also gives you fairly detailed reports on demand.

I think I'll just keep going with it until I either reach the full 33,000 of my target audience, or get some jobs, or go broke

It seems the number of people liking the page would grow exponentially, as it becomes visible on the pages of more 'friends of friends'.
    I tried those adds twice with not a ot of success but if it is working for you thats good
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    I tried those adds twice with not a ot of success but if it is working for you thats good
    Don't get me wrong. I haven't actually had any customers from it yet, but I think I'd like to see how it goes for a bit longer.
    Toowoomba, Qld

I was doing the facebook add over the weekend but it kept rejecting my daily budget. I have heard it's pretty good. What did you put down as yours AYM?

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    I was doing the facebook add over the weekend but it kept rejecting my daily budget. I have heard it's pretty good. What did you put down as yours AYM?
    As my ad, or my budget? I figured, to start, I would budget for two clicks per day, so I doubled the recommended bid, and used that as my daily budget, so I think it was $3.74 or something.

After a few days, I found that my average bid went town to under $1, so I lowered my daily budget to $3, and changed my maximum bid to $1, so I now get a maximum of 3 clicks per day.

You basically just run it for a few days, review and tweak, run for a few more days, review and tweak, until you're happy with the balance.
    Toowoomba, Qld

Member of forum watlebird mowing's Avatar

Thanks yeah I was happy I snagged it. Only cost something like $140 bucks to. That pic is a scan of one of my business cards. Shame I wasnt smart enough to pick up the f*#king spelling mistake before I aproved them to print!
    $140 wtf? when I got my new phone I just asked the girl if i could pick a number, mowing was gone but I got 0487GARDEN for free.
    Cheers
    Ben

Wattlebird Lawn Mowing & Garden Service.
    Let us take the hard work out of your garden!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast