Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: 2010 Business Achiever Awards

Default 2010 Business Achiever Awards

Just letting you know my business has made the Finalist stage of the Hills Shire 2010 Business Achiever Awards in the Home & Garden category.
    Winners announced in early October.

I even got featured in this week's local paper which is great free publicity (see the pic for the article).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: 2010 Business Achiever Awards

Wow...well done mate. Hope you get the the prize.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Just how GOOD is that.

Must be as Proud as Punch with that.
    Cheers Garry

Nice one! Make sure you find out who the judges are and throw in free sample of your work at their house and you'll be sure to win it.

Well done Matt

well done!!! you should be very proud

Well done Matt. I wish you the best of luck! Sadly it hasn't been a pleasent experience for us.

From our experience -we decided never to go in these awards again after being a finalist the previous 5 years. From many, many people I have met at these awards nights, they all believe you need to know someone to win.
    (ie - The local Mayor - his restruant always wins and it is definatly not the best in the district)

I can also say that whilst you get some free advertsing and perhaps some brand recognition, it never brought a single client to our door.

Again from our experiences, the whole local awards system (been in 2 seperate ones in the area) are run as a business which thrives off small businesses, as you pay for the awards dinner, you pay for advertising in the local papers etc.

When they are finished in your local area, they move to another council area and it hasn't cost them a cent. The newspapers sponsor it because it brings them advertising $ and the local RSL love it because it fills their auditorium on a (otherwise quiet) Wednesday night!

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ability View Post

Hills Irrigation won their category last year and he said similar. More a gimmick that doesn't really bring in any new business.

Would still look good to have it on your website for potential customers to see though.

Would still look good to have it on your website for potential customers to see though.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree - it does give the potential customer a greater 1st impression.

Probably better suited for the guys with bigger growing businesses rather than smaller single operators as it seems to be more about growing stronger business relationships than generating new customers. But nice to have the trophy and the feather in your hat like you guys said.

I remember you saying that last year. I am just in it to get some publicity and i am sure it will somewhat help with potential new clients that contact me.
    I don't expect to win the award in my category nor would i expect a sudden influx of business if i did. I'll just go with the flow and be thankful of the advertising it has given me.

As the saying goes "gotta be in it to win it"

Quote Originally Posted by Ability View Post
    Well done Matt. I wish you the best of luck! Sadly it hasn't been a pleasent experience for us.

From our experience -we decided never to go in these awards again after being a finalist the previous 5 years. From many, many people I have met at these awards nights, they all believe you need to know someone to win.
    (ie - The local Mayor - his restruant always wins and it is definatly not the best in the district)

I can also say that whilst you get some free advertsing and perhaps some brand recognition, it never brought a single client to our door.

Again from our experiences, the whole local awards system (been in 2 seperate ones in the area) are run as a business which thrives off small businesses, as you pay for the awards dinner, you pay for advertising in the local papers etc.

When they are finished in your local area, they move to another council area and it hasn't cost them a cent. The newspapers sponsor it because it brings them advertising $ and the local RSL love it because it fills their auditorium on a (otherwise quiet) Wednesday night!

That's it! And a few cold ones and hopefully a nice dinner and some entertainment, might get the mrs in the mood.