Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Thank You to all Members

Default Thank You to all Members

Guys and Gals,

It time now for me to say a big thanks for all your support, guildance, opinions and feedback openly shared here.

Also thanks to Dean and his Moderators for their continued encouragement and support.

I've been monitoring here since late Feb and joined in June.
    Whilst I've had a small job several times last month and a very big one over the past two weeks. (It taught me heaps that one and is on going)
    Today I am officially open for Lawn/Garden Business to the local region as my adverts gets home delivered today and into tomorrow as well.
    I asked a question re do we have an On and Off Week. We do to a small degree as I received a Job from a Pensioner couple for some extra care to their beautiful home 1 hr after their paper was delivered. (Pension Pay week it is this week). Can you believe it, but I knew them as a reg customer in my old career.

This advert is in the front of the paper till the end of October every pay week, (alternating weeks)

This one is in the Tradies section for at least to Feb 2011.

I've secured several clients already including a major Car Dealership and other business they own, prior to my advertising even being launched. Very thankful for that.
    Also a major factory is in my sights, but it may be physically too big to handle.

So a big thanks for the help/support and welcome into this forum and Lawn/Garden business. I'm enjoying it so much, it's the best thing I've done moving forward.
    I'll still have many more question too come as clients set me challenges and tasks that may have me scratching me head. Like today. So really it's just the beginning.

Also thanks to a special lady who visits here some times who gave sooo much help. You know who you are, appreciated.

My wife and I are going out for Dinner tomorrow night to celebrated the business and lifestyle change as we feel it's going to be a success.
    Cheers Garry

Default Re: Thank You to all Members

Thank you Riverside, you should also give yourself a pat on the back for the contributions to the forum!

P>S. Great looking ads by the way.

Thanks Andy,

Briefly logging in as I've got things to do today, ie get a larger ladder as suggested last week by Bluey. My 1.7mtr is not high enough so I need a 2.1 or 2.2 ish one. A transformer would be nice but a bit expensive. Plus hilux professional door signage being done in the arvo, as the cheap stuff I got I wasn't happy with in the end.

I had mentioned I did a big job last week, plus this week over a few rain interupted days. Great experience it was to and I enjoyed every moment doing it whilst being amongst friendly birds in the garden. Although they scared me once or twice as I was deeply into the job.
    Well that valued client was so happy and stoked with my work with the transformation of their total garden. They direct deposited $100 more than my quote into my account this morning. With a ThankYou message.
    How Good Is That !!! , makes going out for dinner tonight with my wife even better.
    Cheers Garry

Got the Gorilla No 8 2.4mtr double sided into 4.5mtr 150kg rated on special at Alltools re their Fathers Day Catalogue, your right "Bluey" do need a higher ladder. The Multi 15 model was great but toooo heavy for me.

Got me signage done to both doors today as said, by the guy who did my trailer. I will be applying the grass strip under it tomorrow as I had that pre printed.
    Anyhow the amazing part was, I said at the end of a 1 hr chatting session. He said because you know my friend who is my neighbour. Go get a box of Crownies and you and my friend down it together. I know it sounds like I'm telling a story. But I'm not, thats word for word. Amazing thats all I can say, just amazing.

Cheers Garry