Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Lawn Edger

Default Re: Lawn Edger

Why not embrace the g@y market imoww.... (Pun may be or may not be intended!!)

They have to have their grass mowed too. ;-)

Does that mean gardening up hill ?
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Think its about time i invested in one.
    Is the 4 stroke honda/atom the way to go and what sort of money can you get it for??
    What size engine is best??
    Think its time you used it John lol

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Dont go Honda on a atome....I got the Kamatsue and it a very powerful and reliable machine way to go and if bying new Hustle a bargin....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Think its time you used it John lol
    Yep, bought in late 2010. Ran it quite a few times now! in the back yard

Think I may take it out on a real job, but it will get dirty

Yep, bought in late 2010. Ran it quite a few times now! in the back yard

Think I may take it out on a real job, but it will get dirty
    Well I took out my brand new 3 year old edger to give it a run today.
    When the blade is engaged slowly or you simply turn it by hand I hear a "scraping" type sound up near the motor
    Doesnt sound good but have not actually had much experience with it, but this super duper komatsu powered machine is sounding a bit strange.

Any ideas on what it might be from people who actually use their machine

Sorry John can't help u with your scraping noise...however...

Quoted a block of 46 units, and it has ALOT of edging that is quite rough and high above paving. Grass is predominately kikuyu.

Will an atom style edger cut thru the gnarly stuff or am i kidding myself? Owner isnt that fussed about the current state the place as they are re-developing in 12 months time but just to impress for his other properties would be nice to clean it up at the same time.

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Well I took out my brand new 3 year old edger to give it a run today.
    When the blade is engaged slowly or you simply turn it by hand I hear a "scraping" type sound up near the motor
    Doesnt sound good but have not actually had much experience with it, but this super duper komatsu powered machine is sounding a bit strange.

Any ideas on what it might be from people who actually use their machine
    It is most likely that rust or dirt just accumulated and settled from storage. I used to have that problem with mine and it gradually went away after each use and some wd40.

I used the atom edger with the komatsu ALL the time, from small 15 minute jobs to full on colleges. I even use it on my own house even when I owned the business. Also had a handful of customers do a edge and trimmer only job just because they like the look of a straight edge and pro whipper snipping and the hubby does the mowing just to feel manly to the wifey. They pay about $35 WITHOUT mowing.

On residential houses takes about 50-70 seconds literally from the front gutters and both driveway edges. It's quicker since you only do another quick round with the trimmer to shave off to an angle at walking pace. Even if say, it is a minute longer than an experienced contractor doing it only with a whipper snipper, I love the look and the finish I am absolutely proud of my work and the customers love it as well. You set yourself apart from the others, it may not matter to some customer much, but the pride you carry with you adds up to how much you love your work at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by VJinTownsville View Post
    It is most likely that rust or dirt just accumulated and settled from storage. I used to have that problem with mine and it gradually went away after each use and some wd40.

I used the atom edger with the komatsu ALL the time, from small 15 minute jobs to full on colleges. I even use it on my own house even when I owned the business. Also had a handful of customers do a edge and trimmer only job just because they like the look of a straight edge and pro whipper snipping and the hubby does the mowing just to feel manly to the wifey. They pay about $35 WITHOUT mowing.

On residential houses takes about 50-70 seconds literally from the front gutters and both driveway edges. It's quicker since you only do another quick round with the trimmer to shave off to an angle at walking pace. Even if say, it is a minute longer than an experienced contractor doing it only with a whipper snipper, I love the look and the finish I am absolutely proud of my work and the customers love it as well. You set yourself apart from the others, it may not matter to some customer much, but the pride you carry with you adds up to how much you love your work at the end of the day.
    Welcome back. Thanks I will see how it goes as it gets some use

Yeah after reading that vj was going to sell mine but mite keep it know....Cheers
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789