Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Engine, Briggs or Honda

Default Re: New Engine, Briggs or Honda

Hope the hernia recovery goes well mate.

Was the engine swap pretty straightforward? I've often wondered about this regards bolt hole alignment of motor to chassis, output shaft to blade carrier etc?

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Thanks for the feed back, I have just ordered a new Briggs 850 series, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Genuine-Brigg...item3f0396d269 I'll let you know how it goes.

Graeme
    Been considering one of these ebay units to repower my Toro SP, wanted to go with a Kwaka but they are in excess of $500 which is to much when you consider you can buy a whole pro scape with Kwaka for about $700. Think this Briggs is the go.
    South Coast Mowing & Gardening Services
    www.southcoastmowing.com

Talking Re: New Engine, Briggs or Honda

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969 View Post
    proberly get shot down for it ...but i would go the briggs from my limited experience the honda revs to low and by uping the revs thay dont like it , ive got the brigs on my masport mulcher and masport utility mower thay both start with in 3 pulls on the cord and run excellent all day everyday and the higher revs fron the briggs even when not under load is better for mulching = orginaly the mulcher did have the honda before it **** its self but now with the briggs = excellent
    You are correct. Tell me in another 5 years. After this wet season when we go back to a normal cycle again, I will just need to run around with my honda revving at half speed anyway

I'm constantly amazed at the honda fans here. The vast majority of complaints regarding mower engines on this forum are for honda powered mowers. Hardly a peep for briggs, let alone kawa. Fair enough when they were a quality japanese product, but the last few years??

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    I'm constantly amazed at the honda fans here. The vast majority of complaints regarding mower engines on this forum are for honda powered mowers. Hardly a peep for briggs, let alone kawa. Fair enough when they were a quality japanese product, but the last few years??
    but i would guess the main reason there are so many complaints is because so many people are using them i mean i don't believe i have ever seen anyone on here complain about there ryobi hedge trimmer but i don't think this means there good
    p.s i agree kawa engines are as good or better than hondas and the new briggs may give them a run for there money
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Hope the hernia recovery goes well mate.

Was the engine swap pretty straightforward? I've often wondered about this regards bolt hole alignment of motor to chassis, output shaft to blade carrier etc?
    Just a bolt on, same bolt holes, same bolts, the existing blade boss was re-used, the only thing extra was a throttle cable, the old one was just a little too short to fit properly with the different motor.

Just returned from my local shop and apparently the Masports will no longer be sold with Hondas attached, the two companys have had a falling out???

Only B&S available now so if you want one with a Honda get in quick!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12