Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: New Smicko Husky Ride On Crash Bar= ?Mark

Default New Smicko Husky Ride On Crash Bar= ?Mark

I know there will be hardly anyone here that has this 2010 upgrade crash/bonnet protector bar.

But for info enhancement communication, the new two part horizontal steel yuppy looking bar . Yep the one that has the even more yuppy Bathurst looking grip handle at the end of the two bars rubberished into moulded "U" handle.
    Best I can explain it without a kodak picture.
    Well they slide off when doing turns in tight situations. Say if you graze a fence and don't notice it and it gets mulched up.
    Went to the dealer at 9.30am and said I need a relacement part needed for the crash bar. They quoted the part number and mega price on the spot as minutes prior a chap with an identical story had been in. I said you should give feedback to Mr Husky at au H/O, answer, they wouldn't care.

Andy B, think your dad's husky's may not have the 2010 crash bars. So info only.

Moral to the story, is to glue them on and Husky should do THAT in the beginning.
    Cheers Garry

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: New Smicko Husky Ride On Crash Bar= ?Mark

are you referring to the crappy looking little bumper bar at the front
    p.s if they glued them on they wouldn't sell as many
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Ian, its the rubberised $38 end caps that silde on to the horizontal two pipe bar.

I think re the tone of my post may indicates that I not happy and giving operational feedback as a contractor is not wanted.
    Cheers Garry

Cheers Garry

Very Helpful Member

$38 bucks no wonder they don't glue them on and i think you will find a lot of manufactures aren't interested in what a mere mowing man has to say i mean they employ people with marketing and engineering degrees what would we know we're only the customer
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Good to see we are riding on the same tram re our track of thoughts.
    Cheers Garry