Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lawn herbicides

Default Lawn herbicides

Whats everyone using?I haven't done alot of spraying yet but have a few jobs to do if this weather ever settles down,mainly clover and dandelion eradication.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Default Re: Lawn herbicides

I mainly use Kamba but I find there's a few weeds that it doesn't get rid of but generally it takes care of about 95% of turf-weeds around here. It's great for clover, bindii and dandelion and safe to use on couch and buffalo. I'm still looking for something that will control wintergrass and paspalum though.

http://www.nuturf.com.au/new%20desig...0M%20label.pdf

There's a lot of options though.

http://www.livingturf.com/herbicides...turf.php#kamba

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Whats everyone using?I haven't done alot of spraying yet but have a few jobs to do if this weather ever settles down,mainly clover and dandelion eradication.
    hey courty looks like we both are scratching our heads over the clover and dandelion problems , the areas i work are just packed full of the stuff ......

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

I've noticed bin-die by chemspray is now being sold as Amgrow Chemspray. They also have one for control of weeds in buffalo and one for control of weeds in couch. So far so good with the bin-die for buffalo and other lawns but haven't tried bin-die for couch yet!

BTW the new chemspray for buffalo has exactly the same ingredients as the old chemspray. But not sure about the chemspray for couch
    Last edited by Cranbourne Lawnmowing; 20-10-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: more info

I use Kambah for kikuyu and couch lawns, Bromicide for buffalo lawns.

Sprayed a couple of lawns early last week using Chemspray Multiweed,checked them on friday and it looks to have done it's job pretty well. These lawns are due for a cut on Wednesday,is it to soon to hit them with some lawn builder after cutting?
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

Sprayed a couple of lawns early last week using Chemspray Multiweed,checked them on friday and it looks to have done it's job pretty well. These lawns are due for a cut on Wednesday,is it to soon to hit them with some lawn builder after cutting?
    Hey Courty is that scotts lawn builder?

That it is Glenno

That it is Glenno
    I don't see a problem with it being to soon but might be worth reading some older posts. Scotts say you don't need to water in but I'm sure a lot of the more experianced guys on here will say otherwise

Where are you Ian. You know a bit about this stuff.

cheers Glenn,tried looking through some older posts but alas nothing hence my noob question Lol.There's a few showers predicted here later in the week,so should be ok on the water front.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969 View Post
    hey courty looks like we both are scratching our heads over the clover and dandelion problems , the areas i work are just packed full of the stuff ......
    Bin die is good on dandelion, takes a couple of sprays for the clover. Just watch what lawn your using it on. Don't use anything with Dicamba on buffalo

Just a follow up to my post above about Kamba. A few guys here have mentioned in another topic not use it on Buffalo. I remember reading somewhere that said it's okay for Buffalo but not more than one spray in a 12 month period which I think would be ineffective at best.

Courty you should be fine to apply the fertiliser after the mow as it will be around 10 days since spraying. Whatever poison that was going to be taken up by the weeds will have well and truly done it's work by now.

From reading through here and some other info I figured clover can be tough to get rid of. When I quote I include a second spray if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Just a follow up to my post above about Kamba. A few guys here have mentioned in another topic not use it on Buffalo. I remember reading somewhere that said it's okay for Buffalo but not more than one spray in a 12 month period which I think would be ineffective at best.

Courty you should be fine to apply the fertiliser after the mow as it will be around 10 days since spraying. Whatever poison that was going to be taken up by the weeds will have well and truly done it's work by now.
    Paul . I'm pretty sure that Kamba has Dicamba in it and the only way you will get away with spaying buffalo with that stuff is if you spray it while the buffalo is in its dormancy period

Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast