Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: new honda

Default Re: new honda

The honda rep that sold it to me said they are set to 2600 out of the box but when they assemble them here they adjust them up to about 3100. The revs on mine seemed to drop off a bit after a couple of months work....but it goes like the clappers now

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Had a look at the new Honda today 19inch is much longer now and difficult to pick up as you can't get your hand under the back, salesman says to add a bar to the handles to grab! don't think they will be selling many honda's this year?? anyone else checked them out or had some use yet?

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paul123 View Post
    Had a look at the new Honda today 19inch is much longer now and difficult to pick up as you can't get your hand under the back, salesman says to add a bar to the handles to grab! don't think they will be selling many honda's this year?? anyone else checked them out or had some use yet?
    Looked at them and went brought a proscape not a bad machine out cuts the honda especially in the long grass tryed it on some damp grass this afternoon didnt wirry it wil try it on some wet stuff tomorrow by the sound of my roof.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

I had a look at them and went and bought a masport

Apparently even the Honda dealers are kicking up a stink as they can see their $$ dropping, It seems they have moved even further away from the contractors market trying to get the private residential $$ but still kept the high price tag

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Paul just a few points about these in case your thinking of buying one

they have the gcv engine this is the non sleeved domestic motor
    they have a 16 gauge[ 1/16th inch]steel chassis ok but i think the proscapes are 13 gauge [3/32]
    also these use the quadracut system which is an American bar blade so you will need to change over to a disc if you want to run 4 blades [i don't think this is very hard but worth checking] and if you don't change you will have to buy the blades from these people or an overseas supplier
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Yep I noticed a few of those things you mentioned Ian. There seems to be a fair bit of American gear hitting the market here being brought in by small-scale importers or people with space to fill in a container.

Eg: Craftsman push mowers that we don't see anything of here have popped up on eBay now too. Only the one at this stage and a middle of the road model at that.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-new-cra...item5add2121df

Checkout the rest of the US range here:

http://s7.sears.com/s7ondemand/broch...ww=1200&wh=830

looks like a rebadged Toro, a local here uses one, he had to modify it to get the cutting height lower & that drive system looks a bit dodgy to me-front wheel drive

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345