Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda 216 drive problem

Default Re: Honda 216 drive problem

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    Stihl chainsaw chains are pre strtch when you get them witch makes live eazer oragen and other brands you got to be carful..
    If you don't check your chain tension before ,during and after using it you have rocks in your head. It is easy and simple to do. Make it a rule of using the saw. You can feel a slack chain when your using it. Stop and tighten it up. Simple. No brand new chain won't stretchn matter what breed it is.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Dude remember you bye cheap girl chainsaws and I under stand what you mean But with my 2 Husqvarnas I have that problem with oragan chains but with the stihl no problem remember I only bye the best so whos going to know best plus I probley have more trigger time on chainsaws than you homie......
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    Dude remember you bye cheap girl chainsaws and I under stand what you mean But with my 2 Husqvarnas I have that problem with oragan chains but with the stihl no problem remember I only bye the best so whos going to know best plus I probley have more trigger time on chainsaws than you homie......
    Well your Stihls must be different to mine then as the chains on both mine have stretched with use and have needed tensioning. I have 3 saws, 2 Stihls and a Baum I got of ebay and to be truthfull I reckon the Baum has less of a problem with chain stretch than the Stihl's do. I reckon I would take a bet on time on chainsaws. I have a lot more years on you mate and used to live and work in the bush using saws daily some times for weeks on end helping my brother in law with his firewood business so I reckon I would win that one hands down. When you get dry behind the ears you might be able to make a statement like that.

Point is the the statement that a Stihl chain wont stretch is not correct. All chainsaw chains stretch with use including Stihl.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

got a stihl chain made for my pole-saw last week - it stretched

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12