Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Backpack Blower

Default Re: Backpack Blower

Before you buy check and compare specifications!
    I have the hand held Makita 4 stroke blower and it is a very good unit. I had a look at the backpack model and compared the air volume and speed to the Shindaiwa C4 blower and the Shindaiwa C4 would literally blow it away.

Makita BBX 7600 air speed = 313 kph air volume= 14.1m3/minute
    Shindaiwa C4 air speed = 360kph air volume= 26.95m3/minute
    (specs sourced from sales brochures)
    The Shindaiwa has nearly double the air volume and air volume is more important than air speed.

I concluded that it wouldn't be worth getting. The main reason for getting a backpack is that you have more power than a hand held and the Makita just doesn't have enough. The hand held Makita puts out 10.1m3/minute so the backpack only has 4 more cubic metres. Apparently the Stihl BG 600 has even more power than the Shindaiwa C4.

We need tho test them both I have the C4 the best one So I will see how many bisser blocks it will blow over lol lol..
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

I use a big Shindi, it will blow a dog of a chain. Great for big jobs and tidy ups but occasionally like to have a small hand held for the little jobs. Good for tidying up grass clumps that might get left by the mower as well. It is easy start, first pull most times. The only time you hate them is if you shut it down and then notice a it that you missed. You have to take it of and restart it. Using a hilux wagon is handy as well as I start it on the tail gate and it is much easier to pull on with little or no lifting to get it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlandsguy View Post
    I use a big Shindi, it will blow a dog of a chain. Great for big jobs and tidy ups but occasionally like to have a small hand held for the little jobs. Good for tidying up grass clumps that might get left by the mower as well. It is easy start, first pull most times. The only time you hate them is if you shut it down and then notice a it that you missed. You have to take it of and restart it. Using a hilux wagon is handy as well as I start it on the tail gate and it is much easier to pull on with little or no lifting to get it on.
    Is it a C4 or a 2 stroke? How many CC?

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmow View Post
    Before you buy check and compare specifications!
    I have the hand held Makita 4 stroke blower and it is a very good unit. I had a look at the backpack model and compared the air volume and speed to the Shindaiwa C4 blower and the Shindaiwa C4 would literally blow it away.

Makita BBX 7600 air speed = 313 kph air volume= 14.1m3/minute
    Shindaiwa C4 air speed = 360kph air volume= 26.95m3/minute
    (specs sourced from sales brochures)
    The Shindaiwa has nearly double the air volume and air volume is more important than air speed.

I concluded that it wouldn't be worth getting. The main reason for getting a backpack is that you have more power than a hand held and the Makita just doesn't have enough. The hand held Makita puts out 10.1m3/minute so the backpack only has 4 more cubic metres. Apparently the Stihl BG 600 has even more power than the Shindaiwa C4.
    http://www.shindaiwa.com/can/en/prod...02_eb802rt.php
    Well I just ordered the shindy eb802rt from the USA. Will see what the final price is when it gets here Better go buy a skateboard now and see what this thing can do!!!!

All this talk about backpack blowers... Couldn't help ourselves... bought the Beast of a machine Stihl BR600 MAGNUM!! All I can say is F@#$ ME!!!!!!!

We had a job clearing out a few years worth of wet rotten leaves from garden beds that you would normally use a rake and shovel for. The magnum blasted them out of there like you wouldn't believe. It really does blow bricks, I thought that was a joke!!

Did you get the Shindy yet?? We should have a skateboard race

Hey Impala you needa get one of these to match your other Stihl's

Hope it Stihl runs when its hot out!

Congrates mate! BP blowers are the go if have larger drives etc.

How much was the BR600? I want to get either the Shindaiwa C4 or the Stihl but I think it's gonna come down to price in the end. Had a look at the big 2 stroke Echo backpack it is the same price as the C4 but less air volume and less air speed. As I told the salesman I'm buying based on specifications, not brand name or colour or even price, but how much air it will shoot out of the nozzle.

I've seen some back packs with the same output as a hand held - why would you bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    All this talk about backpack blowers... Couldn't help ourselves... bought the Beast of a machine Stihl BR600 MAGNUM!! All I can say is F@#$ ME!!!!!!!

We had a job clearing out a few years worth of wet rotten leaves from garden beds that you would normally use a rake and shovel for. The magnum blasted them out of there like you wouldn't believe. It really does blow bricks, I thought that was a joke!!

How much was the BR600? I want to get either the Shindaiwa C4 or the Stihl but I think it's gonna come down to price in the end. Had a look at the big 2 stroke Echo backpack it is the same price as the C4 but less air volume and less air speed. As I told the salesman I'm buying based on specifications, not brand name or colour or even price, but how much air it will shoot out of the nozzle.

I've seen some back packs with the same output as a hand held - why would you bother?
    Yeh the output is what matters at the end of the day. Retail is $999 got ours for $855. Starts on half a pull , sounds sweet as and blows the crap outta anything you wont regret getting the Magnum!

It's also light as and super comfy with barely any vibration at all as the whole engine / blower is mounted on springs and rubber things.

how much is the Shindaiwa? That and the Stihl are def the top 2 in my opinion

Its on order from the great old USA! It may take a while - only standard shipping.

I can get a C4 for about $1100.00 If the Stihl has more power for less money I may have to go with a Stihl. Do you happen to know the air speed and volume of the BR600 ?

how much is the Shindaiwa? That and the Stihl are def the top 2 in my opinion

Very Helpful Member

Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I can get a C4 for about $1100.00 If the Stihl has more power for less money I may have to go with a Stihl. Do you happen to know the air speed and volume of the BR600 ?
    I cant remember off the top of my head as I had to use online conversion calculators to compare the two as they measure in different units. I think the speed was almost exactly the same and the shindy volume was a tiny bit (barely anything) higher however the Stihl uses a smaller engine, less fuel and less vibrations. Go the Stihl

Very Helpful Member

shindaiwa 8520 c4 323.5 k/h, 1290 m³/h [21.5m³/min] , 11.6kg, 79.7 cc

stihl 600 magnum 323.5k/h, 1210 m³/h [20.2m³/h] , 9.8kg, 64.8cc
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast