Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
some very good points there ...however i still stress if you are starting up or running a good business you need to be professional...you should from day one have all the good stuff including uniform ....if i started up a coffee shop i would not just have a card table and a little jug to boil the water ..so why would i just have the basic lawn mowing stuff like the beer bobs.....presenting to the customer a professional unit will put ypou ahead of these guys...and if the cuatomer wants just a beer bob price they are not what you want in business ..instead of you blokes whinging about the cheap ones fight back with a professional unit ...but knowing this forum will get me hed kicked in...lol
Which is exactly what I am saying mate. However there is no doubt the beer bobs are hurting the industry. If they weren't about those people looking for cheap prices would be forced to take the industry standard. The coffee shop analogy is a good one. You dont see coffee shop beer bobs yet we do in our industry. Plenty of us out there run professional units and plenty have done so from the get go but there is a fair proportion of operators in this industry who dont. If you ignore them them you allow them to perpetuate.

We should all fight them either by educating them or educating any potential customers at every opportunity. If we are going to be serious about this industry then we need to be serious about issues like this that draw down prices and give us all a bad image rather than sticking our heads in the sand hoping they will go away