Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
On a more serious note. There are more and more attempts to completely wipe out the mowing industry (just have a look at some of the recent examples on this forum) by doing what Uber has done to Taxi drivers. Never understimate the number of blood sucking parasite investors out there willing to invest in apps or methods to reap more profit from the worker. I have no doubt it will happen. Just a matter of time before you can punch in a lawn mowing request in to your app and some geezer (maybe your neighbour or a chinese student turns up with an Aldi's mower, without a trailer, insurance thinking $20/hr is the best money his ever going to get. There is money to be saved by using contract labour that has no insurance, no reputation to uphold and no idea what it costs to run a business. That is where it is heading.

And if you think people will object to wiping out all the small businesses think again because 99% of the people have no objections to hoping in with an Uber driver.

I don't post on here much anymore becuase I have become a cynical old prick. When you open your eyes and see what is really going on it ain't pretty my friends.
Hey Steve,

Not cynical - Just awake.

C$rporate Australia + G$vernment Taxes/Regulation = C$ntrol.

Still love the hustle , Mr Penman.