Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make me grumpy

Default Re: Things that make me grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    it just re-affirms my atheism (a former catholic, choir singing alter boy) of 35 years

I think they're due back any day; having tomorrow off mate?
    it just re-affirms my atheism
    Im with you redeye I think we were all made with everything built inside. there is no third party "church" if you have a problem look to yourself to fix it thats what I think. I remember years ago I was at Byron Bay in front of the pub on the beach and this hippee came down and started screaming in anger at the ocean (god) he was telling god off because he had just put all his money in the pokies and it was gods fault for letting him do it only in Byron Bay

Sorry Im rambling.. Hope today isnt to bad
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    I think we were all made with everything built inside. there is no third party "church" if you have a problem look to yourself to fix it thats what I think.

Sorry Im rambling..
    Great advice Dean... If everyone focused on improving themselves, life would be a better place. So start learning, researching and question everything!!!

BTW - Your not rambling... but i can see why you would be cautious, it's becoming a nanny state around here lately

Anyways... i thought of this while I reading this that could help some of those individuals!

So here is some rambling!

Jean Vaniers 5 principles of humanity! (A Canadian Catholic philosopher turned theologian, humanitarian, and the founder of L'Arche, an international federation of group homes for people with developmental disabilities and those who assist them.)

PRINCIPLE #1:
    All humans are sacred, no matter what their culture, race religion, capacities or in-capacities, or weaknesses or strengths may be. Each of us needs help to become all that we might be.

PRINCIPLE #2:
    Our world and our individual lives are in the process of evolving. It is a question of loving all the essential values of the past and reflecting on how they are to be lived in the new. These values include openness, love, wholeness, unity, peace, the human potential for healing and redemption, and, most important, the necessity of forgiveness.

PRINCIPLE #3:
    Maturity comes through working with others, through dialogue, and through a sense of belonging and a searching together.

PRINCIPLE #4:
    Human beings need to be encouraged to make choices, and to become responsible for their own lives and for the lives of others.

PRINCIPLE #5:
    In order to make such choices, we need to reflect and to seek truth and meaning. To be human means to remain connected to our humanness and to reality, to choose to move toward connectedness. To be human is to accept ourselves just as we are, with our own history, and to accept others as they are.

Although, i agree with parts of it (and other religious princibles)... the most important thing is to improve ones self though self development... and to make your "own choices" and not base choices on what society thinks is right or demands what is right.

Simmo.

the most important thing is to improve ones self though self development... and to make your "own choices" and not base choices on what society thinks is right or demands what is right.

Simmo.

x2 ... agree on that . cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    it just re-affirms my atheism of 35 years
    Same.

My thoughts are with you and your mate's fam. Life can be so cruel.

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Mowing Professionals View Post
    to make your "own choices" and not base choices on what society thinks is right or demands what is right.
    Simmo.
    so are you saying if i want something you have i should just take it even though society tries to tell me stealing is wrong
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Im with you redeye I think we were all made with everything built inside. there is no third party "church" if you have a problem look to yourself to fix it thats what I think. I remember years ago I was at Byron Bay in front of the pub on the beach and this hippee came down and started screaming in anger at the ocean (god) he was telling god off because he had just put all his money in the pokies and it was gods fault for letting him do it only in Byron Bay

Sorry Im rambling.. Hope today isnt to bad
    I agree with the hippie, Poseidon was a real prick

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    true but he looks kind and generous if you compare him to Neptune

i must admit i would also be pretty pissed if i had put all my money in the pokies and couldn't afford the anti-psychotic drugs or even dope
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    so are you saying if i want something you have i should just take it even though society tries to tell me stealing is wrong
    You forgot to include the whole sentence Ian... "the most important thing is to improve ones self though self development and"

But i'll take the bait Ian

It is often in everyones best interests morally not to steal, but sometimes the interests of some groups/individuals are in conflict with the interests of other groups/individuals.

If your conscience thinks stealing is acceptable by improving one's self... then the answer would be YES for that particular Individual/group. It wouldn't be my idology for self development... but hey, look at our current goverment... it's apparently ok to lie and steal based on there morals, integrity and as a result they still have a strong following of believers

You have to remember society is and always has been a game... A game that most people don't really understand nor do they want to play by the rules. At the end of the day, Society is a man made creation... it's controlled by a monetry system that again another man made creation... therefore money isn't real and just an illusion.

Here are some examples for you of when theft has been accepted and actually embraced within society- (although a criminal offence within society if commited by an individual!)

Robin Hood and his merry men.. take from the rich and give to the poor.

British Invasions across the globe. Did you know throughout the ages, Britain has invaded almost 90 per cent of the world’s countries. An analysis of the histories of almost 200 nations found that only 22 have never experienced a British assault. Is stealing then claiming land right?

Did you know half of the Brits think that some types of Stealing is acceptable. Apparently, the main reasons why people steal are from peer pressure closely followed by the ‘buzz and excitement’ of the act.

Is it morally wrong in society to steal food for the benefit of a starving person if that is the only means by which the food may be obtained to survive?

In society, the answer would be YES... Stealing is stealing right? So, if you played the game by society rules (government, political, religious belief systems) you would starve to death!

It is why our government give welfare and support to those in need... it needs to support the system it has created. If the system fails, society will fail.

In Western Society, it is made up of individuals who have agreed to work together for mutual benefit. If everyone played by society rules, theft wouldn't occur and we wouldn't be having this discussion! Society clearly doesn't work and "most people" are dilusional, unaware, brainwashed or just don't know any better.

I'm glad you mentioned only mentioned stealing Ian... Personally, i'm more concerned about murderers, arsonist, terrorist, dictators, corruption, drugs etc within society... these are the people fighting against society rules and values... and to be honest, not much you can do to stop them until they they usually do something wrong.

Have you ever questioned why capital punishment has been abolished in Australia, the maximum life sentence is around 25 years? A criminal commits a minor to mid range crime and they can usually get away with a slap on the wrist... but you park in the wrong spot and you are Financially penalised, don't pay for a train ticket and financially penalised... I won't even mention the (insert word here) court systems and the injustice.

I know why... Yes, i've worked it out! It's all about contol, and deliberatly instilling fear within society. How many wars are occuring at the moment? Yes, way to many!

I will leave you with this quote -

"If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability."
    -- Henry Ford

For the record, Henry Ford has been resposible of "helping" 100's of millions of people across the globe... It's fair to say, he knew the rules of the game!

If anyone wants to read a great book on personal self development... i suggest you read - 7 habits of highly effective people. By DR Stephen Covey.

The quicker you work on self development the better your life and society will be... Or you can choose to keep posting in this GRUMPY thread and esculate the problem

Simmo.

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Mowing Professionals View Post
    You forgot to include the whole sentence Ian... "the most important thing is to improve ones self though self development and"

But i'll take the bait Ian

It is often in everyones best interests morally not to steal, but sometimes the interests of some groups/individuals are in conflict with the interests of other groups/individuals.

If your conscience thinks stealing is acceptable by improving one's self... then the answer would be YES for that particular Individual/group. It wouldn't be my idology for self development... but hey, look at our current goverment... it's apparently ok to lie and steal based on there morals, integrity and as a result they still have a strong following of believers

You have to remember society is and always has been a game... A game that most people don't really understand nor do they want to play by the rules. At the end of the day, Society is a man made creation... it's controlled by a monetry system that again another man made creation... therefore money isn't real and just an illusion.

Here are some examples for you of when theft has been accepted and actually embraced within society- (although a criminal offence within society if commited by an individual!)

Robin Hood and his merry men.. take from the rich and give to the poor.

British Invasions across the globe. Did you know throughout the ages, Britain has invaded almost 90 per cent of the world’s countries. An analysis of the histories of almost 200 nations found that only 22 have never experienced a British assault. Is stealing then claiming land right?

Did you know half of the Brits think that some types of Stealing is acceptable. Apparently, the main reasons why people steal are from peer pressure closely followed by the ‘buzz and excitement’ of the act.

Is it morally wrong in society to steal food for the benefit of a starving person if that is the only means by which the food may be obtained to survive?

In society, the answer would be YES... Stealing is stealing right? So, if you played the game by society rules (government, political, religious belief systems) you would starve to death!

It is why our government give welfare and support to those in need... it needs to support the system it has created. If the system fails, society will fail.

In Western Society, it is made up of individuals who have agreed to work together for mutual benefit. If everyone played by society rules, theft wouldn't occur and we wouldn't be having this discussion! Society clearly doesn't work and "most people" are dilusional, unaware, brainwashed or just don't know any better.

I'm glad you mentioned only mentioned stealing Ian... Personally, i'm more concerned about murderers, arsonist, terrorist, dictators, corruption, drugs etc within society... these are the people fighting against society rules and values... and to be honest, not much you can do to stop them until they they usually do something wrong.

Have you ever questioned why capital punishment has been abolished in Australia, the maximum life sentence is around 25 years? A criminal commits a minor to mid range crime and they can usually get away with a slap on the wrist... but you park in the wrong spot and you are Financially penalised, don't pay for a train ticket and financially penalised... I won't even mention the (insert word here) court systems and the injustice.

I know why... Yes, i've worked it out! It's all about contol, and deliberatly instilling fear within society. How many wars are occuring at the moment? Yes, way to many!

I will leave you with this quote -

"If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability."
    -- Henry Ford

For the record, Henry Ford has been resposible of "helping" 100's of millions of people across the globe... It's fair to say, he knew the rules of the game!

If anyone wants to read a great book on personal self development... i suggest you read - 7 habits of highly effective people. By DR Stephen Covey.

The quicker you work on self development the better your life and society will be... Or you can choose to keep posting in this GRUMPY thread and esculate the problem

Simmo.
    Hey Simmo remember you were answering to Ian we all know that he threw that question out there so you would write a book
    I agree though just listen to the little voice inside that says what is right or wrong and as far as society goes its like David Gilmore says Just another brick in the wall or even our beloved Chrissy who said They Stuck It In My Life such advantages

Very Helpful Member

-- Henry Ford"

I always love it when extremely rich people make statements like this and virtually say money doesn't matter that much but they never seem to hand what they have out to others

Very Helpful Member

"Is it morally wrong in society to steal food for the benefit of a starving person if that is the only means by which the food may be obtained to survive?"

Is it morally wrong in society to steal your equipment for the benefit of a person who can't afford it if that is the only means by which the equipment may be obtained so they can earn enough to purchase goods to survive?

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    -- Henry Ford"

I always love it when extremely rich people make statements like this and virtually say money doesn't matter that much but they never seem to hand what they have out to others
    X2, they should share the love

Very Helpful Member

now this concerns me

"I'm glad you mentioned only mentioned stealing Ian... Personally, i'm more concerned about murderers, arsonist, terrorist, dictators, corruption, drugs etc within society... these are the people fighting against society rules and values... and to be honest, not much you can do to stop them until they they usually do something wrong."

You don't think these people are already doing the wrong thing?

ring ring.. Indian voice asking if I had some time to talk.. hung up as per usual.

ring ring.. same bloke, wants a quote for pruning. Embarrasing. Been down this road before with people of the asian persuasian.. told him it'd be a $300 minimum on the phone.

2 Hours to get over, back and do the quote. $320. He accepts, he is only available in 10 days. righto. the night before the job he rings to cancel.. too dear he reckons.

Any of you blokes take a deposit?

Knees playing up, back hurts, work is already drying up. Extremly grumpy.

Tom

Page 185 of 333 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325326327328329330331332333 LastLast