Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: New Client-Job Photos

Default New Client-Job Photos

Hi everyone,

I've been a member here for a while but havn't posted for a long time, late last year from memory. I visit the site fairly regularly but thought it was time that I got a bit more active.

I purchased my gear last year but due to a few health issues it's only until very recently that I've started out on my own, its a battle but I''m starting to get a few more calls now.

Anyway, I thought I would share some photos of a job I did today, the client was very happy and have signed up as a regular. My arms are killing me at the moment from all the hedge trimming but I'd gladly do it all again just too see that look on the clients face.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: New Client-Job Photos

Very neat Cap, nice work!
    Cheers Dean.

Very Helpful Member

nice job looks great
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Thanks guys, my whole body aches, I've never done so much hedge trimming in a day before. Theres more around the back too and about 25m of Buxus hedge along the full length of the driveway along the left perimeter fence.

Looks like the mowing will be fortnightly and the rest of the garden 6-8 weekly, I may have to get myself something a bit lighter in the hedge trimming department, the Honda does a great job but by gee it gets heavy when you've been holding it for a while.

Nice work. Save those photos they will look great on a web page
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Nice work, one to be proud of!

Yer cap, me too thinks thats brilliant work.
    Hope I can do similar on two $ million+ homes I now service. They tie me up for one day each with their mega gardens each wk at the moment until I get them to the owners expectations.
    May need to view your pictures again to take with me the attention to detail you have delivered with your client.
    Great pictures and work cap.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    Thanks guys, my whole body aches, I've never done so much hedge trimming in a day before. Theres more around the back too and about 25m of Buxus hedge along the full length of the driveway along the left perimeter fence.

Looks like the mowing will be fortnightly and the rest of the garden 6-8 weekly, I may have to get myself something a bit lighter in the hedge trimming department, the Honda does a great job but by gee it gets heavy when you've been holding it for a while.
    Get yourself a pole-multi tool type hedger, its so much easier on the bod!
    Cheers Dean.

Agree with Dean,
    One rural mega property I'm doing is flooded in high hedges. They use the head+ high hedges to cool the hot summer and more importantly to them, it filters the summer dust blown in of the fields. I think there a wee little fire haz as well, but I keep that too myself.
    I could not have taken this job on without a commercial multi pole hedger or pole saw. Mainly the extendable or standard extendable reach on the hedger. I'm earning high dollars and accepting jobs other contractors knock back with thoses tools.

Again great work and pictures though cap.
    Cheers Garry

Thanks for all the comments guys.

When I first went there to give them a quote I was both excited with the fact that I may be picking up a quality job but also a bit daunted with the amount of work that was involved.

The lawn hadn't been mowed for about 6 weeks and all the plants and hedges needed a good trim. In hindsight I should have taken some before shots but I had so much to get through that I didn't even think of it.

As far as the pole pruners with the hedge trimming attachment are concerned, I'd love one!!!!! unfortunately cant afford one at the moment, definitely next thing on the shopping list though.

I forgot to mention, the owners are thinking about getting rid of the four conifiers up against the front balcony, the husband wants them removed completely but the wife wants them cut down to about the same height as the top of the ballustrading.

They told me that they would talk to me about it in more detail next time I'm there so I'm assuming that they will ask me for a quote.

Now for some advice, what does everyone think this job will be worth? Will I need to get council approval? Personally I like them as they are but what is everyone elses opinion, trim them down or completely remove them?

Great work and you are

Member of forum only grasshopping's Avatar

hey guys how do you attach photos on the forum anyone know.

Was out there again today, cant believe how fast the grass is growing in Sydney

Front yard is all buffalo, thick and spongy nearly all ankle height, could barely get the mower through it in spots and nature strip a mixture of buffalo and kikuyu nearly the same height. From the front yard and nature strip alone I managed to completely fill the green waste bin as well as one chaff bag.

Sorry I didn't take any after shots as I was there much longer than anticipated and was in a huge hurry. I even unblocked their toilet while I was there, only took me 30 secs so I let her off with a freebie, could have charged her $120.00 just for that, she was stoked.
    Attached Images Attached Images

cap when you can grab a self propelled, youl get more work done and wont be as tired.