Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Council's

raemac1

Default Council's

Hi Everyone
    Can Someone Out There Give Me Some Advice On Appling For Council Tender's

patch

Default Re: Council's

Just don't waste to much money or time on them you will get your fingers burnt.
    Last edited by administrator; 28-06-2006 at 09:02 PM.

Lancat

Raemac1

If you’re looking to do a little home help work, contact your local council. I did when first starting out. Ask to speak to the department that looks after Home Help / Resident Support Services.

From my experience with the two councils I have done work for. The rates are low some where between $22 & $27.50 per hour and be warned the client expects you to hedge the 20meter hedge clean the gutters and cut the lawn all in the allocated hour. In my case the client paid $10 and the council pays the remaining $17.50.
    The client only gets x amount of hours per year. (Like 5hr per year)
    I had to have the following before I got a look in.
    A current Victorian Police check
    5 million minimum Public liability (they first asked for 10mil)
    A Red card OH&S
    Good references from other community type services that you may have done or worked for and proof of experience in the industry.

I still do the odd job every now and again for the two local councils in the area I now only work fro them AT MY RATE. I quote and ask them to fax me an approved work order before starting the work.

If you are in Victoria and want to play with the big boys all the Council and Victorian Government tenders can be found on the following web site e-Tender (http://www.tenders.vic.gov.au)

Seminars on winning Government Business are run by PACCER Training.
    There is a link to PACCER on the e-Tender web site.

Regards

Anthony

raemac1

Smile Re: Council's

THANK'S FOR THE ADIVCE . PATCH & LANCAT I DO HAVE THE DRIVER'S LICENCE $5mil P/L GREEN CARD OH&S MY POLICE CHECK IS OK I WAS IN THE SECURITY INDUSTRY FOR 9YERS PRIOR THIS THE ONLY THING I DON'T HAVE IS EXPERIANCE WITH COUNCIL'S & COMMUNITY GROUP'S THAT'S THE HARD PART BECAUSE YOU NEED EXPERIANCE TO GET EXPERIANCE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN I DID A QUOTE FOR THE LOCAL COMMUNITY GROUP DOWN THE ROAD 2 WEEKS AGO I'M THINKING I DID'NT GET IT BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME IT STARTING NEXT MONTH " THE CONTRACT " I'M NOT SURE IF I SHOULD RING HER BACK OR NOT JUST TO SEE HOW I WENT ON THE QUOTE I'LL LET YA KNOW HOW I.

AGAIN THANK'S FOR THE ADIVCE
    ROSSCO

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

G'day Raemac1,just found your thread.A phonecall wouldn't hurt to follow up. At the end of the day you may have missed out but at least you will know and the person in question will see that you are efficient, in following up. Being professional in all facets of your business will be one of the best forms of advertising you will ever have. Let the work that you do be your advertising and let your satisfied clients spread the word for you.Every quote you do, try and learn something from it, whether you win or lose it.Best of luck.
    Cheers for now SimonSLC

raemac1

THANKS FOR THE REPLY SIOMONSLC
    YES HAVE ALREADY EMAILED & PHONED STILL WAITING THE PERSON IN QUESTION DID TELL ME THAT MY PRICEING IS SPOT ON BUT YA JUST DON'T . THE WIFE KEEPS TELLING ME THAT KNOW NEWS IS GOOD NEWS STILL WAITING ON GOOD NEWS
    THANKS MATE
    ROSSCO

raemac1

Hey Guy's
    Just To Let Ya Know That So Called Quote I've Bin Wait'in On I Did'nt Get The Lawns But I Got The Roofing Job They Give The Lawns To Someone Else Don't Know Why I'll Ask Monday.
    The Roof Is Dearer Than The Lawns And They Want This Done Every Month . Can't Complain.
    Now I Have To Wait On Another Quote For A Retirement Village' Here We Go Again '
    Bye For Now
    Rossco