Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Tools

Default Stolen Tools

Today was not a good day, my stihl 130 multi tool got stolen with the whippersniper attachment on it from the back of my trailer around $1000 to replace. I pulled up to this job (one of my regs) and started brushcutting and when i put it back on the trailer i saw two of the neighbours out the front of there respective houses and i had a feeling that something wasn't right but i ignored my better judgement and put the multi-tool back in the trailer with the chain over it but no padlock on it because i was still using the blower which i chain the multi-tool to when i'm done. If your walking past you would have to peer into the trailer to see it but these two blokes both saw me put it there so i know one of them has taken it while i was around the back getting the blower. When i came back to my trailer both men were gone and so was the stihl. I knocked on both there doors and ask them did they take it (as if they would say yes)and if the did they could give it back no questions asked. Funnily enough both said that the other bloke must have took it and that they always thought he was dodgy.

If anyone drives down Blackmore st Dandenong North and sees a home owner using a 130 stihl let me know, it was stolen while i was parked outside number 12 and number 13 and i reckon you wouldn't have to venture far from there to find it i'm waiting to see which one has some nice edges from now on because both have never touch theres before we will see.

Default Re: Stolen Tools

Thats not good at all scoob,get the coppers on to it mate.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Hey Scooby,

I would go to the police and report it. If you think they are possibly the culprits the police have to investigate it. Dont accuse them of it but say that those two fellas were the only ones around and may be able to help with enquiries!

I go past that all the time so will take a look occasionally. I'll go past sunday on my way to work.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Phuchinglowlifes. I'd go back in the misses car and just watch for a while. Never know the scumbags might try to offload it to someone. Cause bye the sounds of it wouldn't matter if they have the equipment or not it would be all too hard for them to do their own edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Today was not a good day, my stihl 130 multi tool got stolen with the whippersniper attachment on it from the back of my trailer around $1000 to replace. I pulled up to this job (one of my regs) and started brushcutting and when i put it back on the trailer i saw two of the neighbours out the front of there respective houses and i had a feeling that something wasn't right but i ignored my better judgement and put the multi-tool back in the trailer with the chain over it but no padlock on it because i was still using the blower which i chain the multi-tool to when i'm done. If your walking past you would have to peer into the trailer to see it but these two blokes both saw me put it there so i know one of them has taken it while i was around the back getting the blower. When i came back to my trailer both men were gone and so was the stihl. I knocked on both there doors and ask them did they take it (as if they would say yes)and if the did they could give it back no questions asked. Funnily enough both said that the other bloke must have took it and that they always thought he was dodgy.

If anyone drives down Blackmore st Dandenong North and sees a home owner using a 130 stihl let me know, it was stolen while i was parked outside number 12 and number 13 and i reckon you wouldn't have to venture far from there to find it i'm waiting to see which one has some nice edges from now on because both have never touch theres before we will see.
    If you need a loan whippy I have a newish Kaaz that is a spare. Just give me a buzz! John

I was going to call the cops but with all the other stuff that goes on in Melbourne i doubt whether they would do much but you never know i guess. I must be getting old because normally i would have pushed the issue with the two guys but i really couldn't be stuffed fighting at Christmas time, hurts a bit when you work hard to provide for your family and yourself and these people just think its ok to pinch stuff, lucky i had a back up brushcutter with me or else i would have had to drive all the way home, i'm already behind because of the rain and extra growth. Drowning my sorrows at the minute with a nice cold beer at least they cant take that from me. I have told my customer to keep an eye out the next time the neighbours brushcut there lawns to see what sort of machine they would use. Lucky we have had a good spring or i would be piss*d off to say the least.

Scooby, you work hard enough and pay TAXES! Thats what they are there for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    If you need a loan whippy I have a newish Kaaz that is a spare. Just give me a buzz! John
    Nice of the offer John thank-you, but i'm lucky have 4 back up brushies, its the multi-tool thats going to hurt. My customers will understand they will just have to wait. What i'm not looking forward to is spending the $1000 again the machine was a year and a half old so i probably had that again before it was on the way out, ah well i'll have to trust my gut next time and if it seems dodgy it probably is. From memory its the first thing i have had stolen while working in 20 years so i haven't done bad really. I will check the trailer insurance to see if some of it will be covered but i doubt it.

Anyone know a good insurance policy/company for insuring tools every one i have looked at in the past has that many loopholes for them to dodge a claim i haven't bothered.

scum of the earth.

they will take anything not bolted down.

im looking at getting insurance myself for my gear but was thinking going through my ute insurance to see if i could get my tools as part of that and just pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHaven View Post
    scum of the earth.

they will take anything not bolted down.

im looking at getting insurance myself for my gear but was thinking going through my ute insurance to see if i could get my tools as part of that and just pay more.
    Just read the fine print. When i read mine it just wasn't worth it for what they covered or didn't cover more to the point.

Does Indi have one?

Yes (i answered me own question) they do but i think it has to be locked or its not covered Admin can correct me if i'm wrong.

Sorry to hear what one of these scumbags did. Your blood must be boiling.

Before you buy a new machine, see if the other attachments fit onto the shaft of one of your back up whips. I had a Huski combi that died so I undid where the hedge trimmer attachment attaches to the shaft and took it to my mower shop to see if it would fit anything else and it fit a Kawasaki shaft, so I didnt have to buy another combi, just bought a smaller Kawa whip and use it as a pole hedger. It takes a little bit more to change over as you have to undo the alen key instead of the thing on the shaft, and you have to get it to line up over the shaft, but it might get you out of trouble for a while.

Scooby,

That really gives ones th S***s big time, as I have had a outboard motor stolen once and a further second break in to my then cabin cruiser whilst parked at a motel once.

I'm afraid Scooby you'll never forget it moving forward.
    I'm now so theft minded, I've become padantic+ on the subject. Even have two camera's at the front of my house = plus my big shed is alarmed. All this and I live in a good area.
    Real sorry to hear it mate. Ring the cops as said.
    Cheers Garry

Scooby, I have a back up shindy multi with hedge trimmer also if you need it for a short while. Just keep it chained up
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Nice of the offer John thank-you, but i'm lucky have 4 back up brushies, its the multi-tool thats going to hurt. My customers will understand they will just have to wait. What i'm not looking forward to is spending the $1000 again the machine was a year and a half old so i probably had that again before it was on the way out, ah well i'll have to trust my gut next time and if it seems dodgy it probably is. From memory its the first thing i have had stolen while working in 20 years so i haven't done bad really. I will check the trailer insurance to see if some of it will be covered but i doubt it.

Anyone know a good insurance policy/company for insuring tools every one i have looked at in the past has that many loopholes for them to dodge a claim i haven't bothered.

Thanks for all the replies and offers for support very good of you all. I should be ok John but i will keep the offer of your backup multi on the table just incase. I will buy a new one soon i've just got to get to the mowershop and make sure they have one in stock (my mowershop doesn't keep much in stock). I would rather be spending the money on fishing gear or a charter or something than spending it on another multi but what can you do.

Does everyone else have there stuff locked all the time? Overnight i do but i dont usually have it locked if i'm using the machines when i'm at the job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast