Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Tools

Default Re: Stolen Tools

Scooby sorry for that,
    you need check ebay and dandenog market, maybe they will try sell it.. and if you catch them then you cut them

make sure you report it to the cops, they will probably try & pawn it

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Who uses a 130 for restadela lawns that is way to much power overkill there scooby snax...Sorry to here about ur toy...
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Thanks for all the replies and offers for support very good of you all. I should be ok John but i will keep the offer of your backup multi on the table just incase. I will buy a new one soon i've just got to get to the mowershop and make sure they have one in stock (my mowershop doesn't keep much in stock). I would rather be spending the money on fishing gear or a charter or something than spending it on another multi but what can you do.

Does everyone else have there stuff locked all the time? Overnight i do but i dont usually have it locked if i'm using the machines when i'm at the job.
    I made the decision to either spend money on insurance or padlock everything with good locks & thick chains both at home & when working. Its a pain but its gotta be done. Adam looks at me sometimes as to say" why the hell you keep locking everything up, it takes so lone to get started and finish" but I know the consequences!

sorry to hear about that Scoob.Everyone on here feels your pain I'm sure.
    I was doing a vacant place today for the real estate, and the painters where inside.One,in particular kept asking about the different tools I was using. At first, I thought it was cool.But after a while I was getting suss. I kept locking and unlocking the tools.The wife kept saying I was paranoid! My trust level is not great(especially with painters..haven't met a good one yet!). It's sad, but there are some dead-set c@nts out there, who think nothing of f@cking you over.

Quote Originally Posted by starmow View Post
    Scooby sorry for that,
    you need check ebay and dandenog market, maybe they will try sell it.. and if you catch them then you cut them
    Good tip starmow, if anyone goes on ebay alot its a stihl 130 multi tool that has the whippy attachment on it, keep a look out. Was just on a year old, its was a bastard to start after you fill it up (for some reason) but apart from that its was one of my favourite machines.

Anyone from a Stihl shop reading this call me with a good deal will ya thanks from Scooby.

Scooby Steve. Sorry to hear about your gear getting knocked off.

Seen an add on Ebay from someone who had their Toro mower & trailer stolen, at least the word gets out.

Do you have any serial numbers you can put up on here.

Get the police involved you just never know.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Thanks for all the replies and offers for support very good of you all. I should be ok John but i will keep the offer of your backup multi on the table just incase. I will buy a new one soon i've just got to get to the mowershop and make sure they have one in stock (my mowershop doesn't keep much in stock). I would rather be spending the money on fishing gear or a charter or something than spending it on another multi but what can you do.

Does everyone else have there stuff locked all the time? Overnight i do but i dont usually have it locked if i'm using the machines when i'm at the job.
    I have mine locked overnight and inbetween jobs but when im at the property i often have everything unlocked. I shouldnt but who wants to be locking and unlocking ll the time.

I had a guy once try to take my mower (well it was still running mind you) i picked up a botttle and was going to put it in the bin and this low life decides to start walking off with my machine and then rings the cops telling them i had punched him in the ear. When they rang me 2 hours latter i told them the story and the replie was glad the beep beep got some justice for a change.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

oh and sorry to hear about your machine being nicked.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

I`d make up some flyers with a discription of the machine mybe a photo ,post a reward say $50-300 for it`s recovery then drop them in every letter box in the imediate area and stuck on all the telegraph poles....Then hope it comes back so you can smack the mongrels who nicked it over the head with it..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Sorry to hear that scooby low life @#$%$.

My Insurance AAMI covers tools but they have to be secure so would probably try weasel out of paying if it was not locked.

They are a great machine I have the 85, and recently also brought the 56 to use just for hedging, they are a residential machine but may be an option to get you going again as you have other brush cutters

Quote Originally Posted by Bgs View Post
    Sorry to hear that scooby low life @#$%$.

My Insurance AAMI covers tools but they have to be secure so would probably try weasel out of paying if it was not locked.

They are a great machine I have the 85, and recently also brought the 56 to use just for hedging, they are a residential machine but may be an option to get you going again as you have other brush cutters
    simple machines gone get chain and padlock then cut the chain = bastards cut the chain see .... now pay up

Talking Re: Stolen Tools

sorry to hear that scooby hope you find your whippy soon it wont end up at dandenong market as people dont have much cash there most probly cashies in knox or dandenong or he will flog it off to a mate but best bet is the guy will use it himself as he thinks hes scored a bargain and will now save a few$$$ doing his lawns himself

what i would do is door knock next door and ask if in the last few days have they herd a whippy at that property going and check the edges he wont be a pro at useing it look for broken trimmer line lieing round if its the same as you use BINGO if so kindly knock on the guys door and ask for your whippy back if he says he dosent know anything about it pull out your mobile and call the cops

Quote Originally Posted by Yard & Car Care View Post
    Scooby Steve. Sorry to hear about your gear getting knocked off.

Seen an add on Ebay from someone who had their Toro mower & trailer stolen, at least the word gets out.

Do you have any serial numbers you can put up on here.

Get the police involved you just never know.
    I rang the cops not much they can do but its registered with them, i have the serial number i'll put it up if anyone comes across one. Its a full on commercial machine so any home owner using one would stand out thats for sure.

Bad news Scooby. I know how you feel having been there done that. The hardest part is the fact you keep kicking yourself for not doing what you should have. I am super over security conscious now. It pisses my offsider off because I look everything up if I leave it on the street but he doesn't have to pay for the replacements. Try the pubs on a friday or Saturday night.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast