Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Honda slasha mowing for mulching

Default Honda slasha mowing for mulching

hey guys, merry xmas to all!

i have a honda 21in slasher, see it here

i was thinking of using it as a mulcher instead, as it is such an enjoyable light weight mower, i was going to seal off the out-shoot and fit it with some mulcher blades.

has anyone done this or can provide me with some info on what blades to use, hint and tips etc.

thanks in advance...La H
    Life is Just

Default Re: Honda slasha mowing for mulching

Do they sell them here...
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

not sure bigboy, i have had mine for about a year, before all this rain came, with dry weather and short grass i can use a slasher on most jobs, but with the long grass around now i need to sort of mulch the grass up a little more.

if nobody replies, i will just grab a couple of mulcher blades and seal up the shoot and see how it goes

when you look at dedicated mulchers (apart from those fancy twin blade ones) there not much different than a slasher, just no chute.
    Life is Just

Very Helpful Member

well the site says side discharge and mulch so i would assume that if you remove the discharge chute and seal it up it should mulch only way to find out for sure is to try it
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

your right it does say side discharge and mulch, i must of linked to the wrong model, mine is just the side discharge only, think there about $900 new, no self drive and 5.5hp...top little machine
    Life is Just

Quote Originally Posted by la huerta View Post
    your right it does say side discharge and mulch, i must of linked to the wrong model, mine is just the side discharge only, think there about $900 new, no self drive and 5.5hp...top little machine
    Did you get around to changing the blades and sealing the side shoot ? I have the same mower and would be interested to hear How it went