Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: hey guys, new here and wanted to share pics

Talking hey guys, new here and wanted to share pics

wanted to show you guys what we got going on here in the dead center of the good ol USA.

if you guys care!!

I will give a short history of our company here.........

It is a father and son operation, since 1981. 30 yrs this year. we have three full maintenance crews, including mine. each crew is like a little business in that it manages 99% of the services for each property on their routes.

we offer mowing, fert and weed, landscape maint/install, irrigation maint and install, shrub and tree spraying, etc.

i enjoy culture very much and thought it would be great to share with you guys and reciprocal likewise! see what you are doing and what we are doing for lawn care and the differences and simlarities.

i will post a bunch of pics 0ver the next several days of our operation, shop, equipment and some work done.

hope you enjoy and look forward to getting to know many of you so far away.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: hey guys, new here and wanted to share pics

these are pics from last winter and many things have changed. we have a large irrigatio supply shelving row over on the wall where you see the shop furnace up by the ceiling in the corner of the 4th pic.

also, we dont have as many standers, only two now, and went with three new toro grandstands.

our shop is drive thru, and in those pics you can see one outer door by the blade grinder, also gone and a new really sweet one is there now.

this is looking at one side of the shop, pics to follow will show behind the view shown now.

also, you can see in the second pic, a garage door open. this is access to the heated and cooled workshop. in there we have workbenches, lifts, tools, and supplies like oil, filters etc. it is where we do all maintenance. the other half of that side of the building is offices and bathroom. all together the shop measures about 13 x 20 meters.

side to side is the 20 meters, front to back is the 13 meters. split down near the middle front to back.

this is the other side of the shop, behind the views in the other 4 pics.

here is where we usually store the standers and hang up the trimmers, and the shelve holds baggers etc.

all these pictures are in the winter while we were off and there is junk sitting around, never mind that. we were in the process of reorganizing and cleaning.

now here is inside the workshop, i did not get a 360 view, so behind me is the workbenches and shelves with maint supplies like oil and filters.

the upper area above the offices and accessable by ladder in the pics is used for storage of bulk supplies for mowers and trimmers etc.

and finally, the office, ahhaha

Grassman looks like a well organised and busy operation. One day I may have the same!
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

are there some pretty large operations in the big cities for lawn care?

i know there is Jims mowing which is a franchise or chain. i have read about it a few times. Does anyone carry long trailers? i mean, here an 18ft trailer is most common, and we have three of those(one enclosed) and mine is a 22ft. that is not common here.

however i like to be able to carry everything i need.

i have even been able to pack on there a kubota l2950 with aerator, a vertislicer, ride on spreader/sprayer, seed, fertilizer, and one or twowalk behind plugger aerators. it is tight, but i have found the way to pack it on there. next year, i will be able to put my seed and fert in the back of our F-350 dually while it can pull that trailer(that truck also has a v10.) with all the same equipment, but more room .

here, we are still considered a small lawn care company, but are getting close to pass the financial mark that would classify us as a medium size lawn care company.

Nice setup there, lm dreaming of being that size.

I dont know about the mainland, but lm down in tassie, where there is a few business that use car trailer size (around 12foot, i think), with flat bed trucks. But they just look after oval and schools (no cathcher stuff) and big irrigation jobs. i do have some picture of these setups somewhere.

For the smaller work, as far as l know. I have the longest rig in my area. Car Trailer, modifyed to carry two walker mower and a 6 wheel dual cab. Still nowhere your size.

the tazmania, what a kool place> nice to hear from you.

i saw those 6 wheel trucks, crazy. nothing like those here. not powerful enough either.

what is a gallon or 4 liters of gas there right now?

Very Helpful Member

hi grassman and welcome Australia is certainly different to where you are ,with that equipment i would say you would be one of the larger companies around here most of the residential mowing in Australia is done with 19"or 21" push/self propelled mowers with very few people using anything else most ride on work is commercial/industrial

gas/petrol is about $1.22 p/lt due to go up to about $1.35 in the next day or so
    note it will go up to $1.35 then drop over the next week then go up again crazy i know but if you time it right it works well
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Awesome looking set up Grassman! Wow we always say americans do it bigger! What are those two machines with the pale yellow fuel tanks?

BTW, great sense of humor we, a lot of people say their best ideas come from that sort of office.

Wow we always say americans do it bigger! So the girls say lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Awesome looking set up Grassman! Wow we always say americans do it bigger! What are those two machines with the pale yellow fuel tanks?

BTW, great sense of humor we, a lot of people say their best ideas come from that sort of office.
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    hi grassman and welcome Australia is certainly different to where you are ,with that equipment i would say you would be one of the larger companies around here most of the residential mowing in Australia is done with 19"or 21" push/self propelled mowers with very few people using anything else most ride on work is commercial/industrial

gas/petrol is about $1.22 p/lt due to go up to about $1.35 in the next day or so
    note it will go up to $1.35 then drop over the next week then go up again crazy i know but if you time it right it works well
    thanks, this is awesome.

we manage alot of larger lawns, push mowers are obsolete except where other mowers cant go, which is pretty much never used.

we have one though, a commercial honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post

i was waiting for someone to ask.

they are ride on sprayer/spreader. awesome machines for volume lawn apps. made of stainless steel, they have boom nozzles, and the yellow tanks are actually the chemical tanks. i will get more pics for you guys.

do any of aussies use ride on application machines other than farmers?

lawns are pretty big in my area, we are the "midwest" and have lots of space to destroy yet with houses

here are some really crappy photos of the machines.

we have three sizes. the jr, the intermediate, and the max

jr will fit in 36in gates, the intermediate will go through 46in gates and the max is 54 in gates i think.

the booms fold to get through the gates.

each of the two smaller machines with three tanks spray 8ft and spread infinite variable from like 8 ft to 30ft.

you can spread and spray at the same time if you want.

all tanks are separate of each other so you can have different products with you
    here is a link to the website for these machines. i mean, i tell you these are built awesome and are very productive.http://www.z-spray.com/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast