Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking/running-in 4stroke

Default Re: Breaking/running-in 4stroke

hey guys...

well i'm not going to say what brand it is because i feel the thread will dive off topic in a debate about what brand is better or not better.

but i will say, i have always used echo blowers, but i'm just tired of the noise, and mixing up fuel. the 4 stroke is SO light, and much more powerful then my old echo, and a lot quieter too.

well there is nothing in the manual regarding breaking in.

so what i will do is go by some info i have for 4stroke bikes.

Warm up engine completely

Do Three 1/2 Throttle runs from
    40% - 60% of your engine's max rpm
    Let it Cool Down For About 15 Minutes

Do Three 3/4 Throttle runs from
    40% - 80% of your engine's max rpm

Do Three Full Throttle runs from
    30% - 100% of your engine's max rpm

Then Go For It !!

and i'll change the oil after the first few days use.
    Life is Just

that sounds like a great plan to go about it,

so, your comparible 4 cycle is more powerful andlighter than the 2 cycle counterpart of the same cc rating or hp ?

i'd say about even with the 2 strokes +/- depending on what your comparing with (better than my old echo that's for sure). but light for a 4 stroke, (4 strokes should be heavy by comparison)

you barely notice the difference using a 4/ compared to 2/ these days, but there quiet, smoother and "no fuel mixing (the no: 1 reason i got it) and less maintenance...

every piece of equipment i have ever had that was a 2/ caused me grief, yet all my 4/ tools have never had any problems.

so now all my tools are 4/, yeh!

when i get some more cash to buy a little outboard motor for fishing, it'll be a 4/ too ...
    Life is Just

Very Helpful Member

well i'm guessing it's either a Honda or a Makita as you say it has heaps of power and light weight that basically rules out Honda as i think there over weight and under powered so i will guess Makita
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

i checked out a honda 4 stroke trimmer when i was the the GIE(green industry expo, the biggest in the world) a few years back. it was uber heavy, did not like the feel for it at all.

all we run are echo, and have a few stihl hedge trimmer and saws. hardly ever have trouble with any of them excpet the saws, and that is cause we dont run them often enough and old gas gums the carbs up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12